Honored Contributor

If you got a chance to travel to anywhere, what would you like to see?

Been looking at some pictures and I'd love to see a Swiss village with mountains behind it, or a little village in the mountains (Germany), or something on that line.

You know, there's a scene in that one Star Wars movie, where Annikan & ........step out of a boat. I think it's pretty but I'm not sure if it's real or superimposed into the picture.

Italy had some pretty places to see too. But, mountains really win out for me.

Where would you go to and what would you lilke to see?

Respected Contributor

Re: If you got a chance to travel to anywhere, what would you like to see?

I have been to many places in the world, but have not been to Israel or Victoria, Canada.

Those are the 2 places remaining on my bucket list.

Esteemed Contributor

It definitely would not be a beach for me.  I like the Canadian Rockies. Northern Europe (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia) are places I would like to tour.  The food isn't the most interesting, but the landscape can be beautiful.  I suppose I'm confessing to be a mountain girl who prefers a chillier climate Woman Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

Germany - esp at Christmas time. I was there once and would love to go back. I would also love to go to Alaska - of course I would go there in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I would visit Prague in the Czech Republic where my ancestors were born.  I heard it is beautiful.  I would then take a train and visit surrounding countriesCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I would visit Prague in the Czech Republic where my ancestors were born.  I heard it is beautiful.  I would then take a train and visit surrounding countriesCat Very Happy

@Katcat1 It is beautiful, has an interesting history, and lovely things to purchase.

We combined it with a trip to Hungary, which was equally worthwhile.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been lucky as I have been to a lot of places. I would like to visit Amsterdam at Christmas, Tahiti or Fiji for Easter.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

We're planning a trip next year to Ireland and Scotland (where my husband's family came from).  Maybe the UK as we have a niece in Southhampton.  We've been to China, Italy and France, as well as Alaksa, the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Mexico, and several islands on cruises.  It might be different if we had grandchildren to spend money on, but our only son isn't married and we had another son pass away from cancer.  Would also like to go to Spain, Germany, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

It definitely would not be a beach for me.  I like the Canadian Rockies. Northern Europe (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia) are places I would like to tour.  The food isn't the most interesting, but the landscape can be beautiful.  I suppose I'm confessing to be a mountain girl who prefers a chillier climate Woman Very Happy.

@Trix. Princess Cruises offer a wonderful cruise to those European countries you mentioned.  They were all unique and interesting visits, very worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

I have traveled very little and never outside the US.  In fact, I have seen very little of the US.  I have never been to Hawaii, Alaska, the East or West Coast.  So, I would like to see the US before venturing outside.