Trusted Contributor

Re: If you got a chance to travel to anywhere, what would you like to see?

@Chrystaltree2   Thank you   !!

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I want to take a cruise to Antarctica. You go through the Drake Passage and stop at several islands on the way to Antarctica like South Georgia, Falklands and other sub Antarctica islands. You get to see the Penguin colonies and other types of sea life like different types of whales. I want to stop on South Georgia and see Shackletons gravesite and see old whaling stations on these islands. 

I think it would be amazing to see all the gorgeous icebergs, glaciers and step foot onto Antarctica, a continent that most will never see. I want to go see Robert Scotts hut from his 1910-13 expedition, they say it remains pretty much how it was. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind going to a beach but when I travel I want to see stuff. I am really interested in history and when I travel, I don't want to lay out on a beach and drink the whole time. I only like to travel with certain people too because I once went to Rome with a friend and she drove me crazy the whole time. She just wanted to shop. You can do that anywhere really or save it for your last day. She had never been to Rome and wasn't the least bit interested in seeing the historic sites. I just can't imagine wanting to go shopping more than to see what a city has to offer in terms of historic sites, museums, great old restaurants, etc... 

@Irshgrl31201 My sister did the Antarctica cruise. Her friend runs exotic trips and had an opening,so she went. She loved it.

Oh that is great to hear @proudlyfromNJ! I bet she has some great memories and even better pictures. I have been comparing different lines and trying to decide which one would be best for us. I really can't wait. I have wanted to do this for quite a while.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

Switzerland is amazing! I cannot reccomend the Alps (Berner Oberland) more highly - it's perfect!

The place in Star Wars that you mention is Lake Como in Italy. The exteriors were shot there. I hoe to see that one day!

Respected Contributor

Lake Louise, Canada. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I have been to Isreal  and to Egypt.  Both were trip I will never forget. Isreal of course is the place Christ walk and lived. The people there live on a daily basis of not knowing who or when they could be attack from any direction. Egypt, the people there are so poor you can't even imagine. They live in anything they can find, even a cardboard box. All this was a eye opener for us. I would go back to Isreal in a heart beat. Going there will change your life.

Trusted Contributor

Re: r Cleveland "Windians" are going to the World Series!!

I'm of Irish descent so would love to visit Ireland.  My husband is Italian, so Italy would also be high on the list.

Would also love to cruise the Greek Islands...looks like heaven on Earth! 

Honored Contributor

I have been lucky to have completed my bucket list of places to travel.  I have seen the Great Wall and the warriors in China, and Angkor Wat in Cambodia, I have been to Thailand and Vietnam. ( I'd go back again in a heartbeat)

I have traveled to Europe and have seen many countries and all the wonders they have to offer.  I love Greece and all of it's history and ancient ruins.

Now, I would like to go to Australia as I have family there.  Many years ago my grandmother's family in Italy traveled to Australia to work and sent money home to their families.  They were all sons and married women there and settled down.

We keep in touch with them and my father got to visit them.

I would also like to go to Venafro, Italy to see the family members on my grandfathers side.  I guess I'd like to see people instead of places..

I traveled a lot before I retired and it's a good thing.  I now have two dogs and can't and won't travel without them, so I am limited in where I can go.  Still, no grass grows under my feet.

Esteemed Contributor

The only place I want to go is Italy. Otherwise I have seen everything I wanted to see. Why do I want to go to Italy? I'm 1/2 Italian, I want to see the historic places, the art, and eat the best food. However I will never get to go. I should have gone when I was younger. I could never wait in long lines to check in at airports now days, and do all the walking it takes to tour, due to my bad back..

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

England and Ireland but can't drive there so probably won't go.  I am not a fan of flying.

Trusted Contributor

Too many places to list but Alaska for sure.