Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you found $100 and had to.....

I'd surprise my single-parent son with the $$. He ccould always find a use.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@sissel, yikes! Did you wake up in a bad mood this morning? LOL! I'm pretty confident that the vast majority of us here know what a Roth IRA is, and we also have our charge card(s) under control. Don't worry about us - we're just fine! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Since the question specified that you couldn't give the hypothetical money away and had to spend it on yourself I'd say I would put it in my wallet and go shopping for some pretty summer tops or shoes,but it would probably end up getting spent at the grocery store!

Honored Contributor

Since we're supposed to spend it I would buy a ticket to a play, musical, concert, or sporting event.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:
Sorry, rules say must be in English.

@Beth-QVC 

That would be my reply and it was in plain English. It was removed. I said I'd buy bird seed and squirrel food and cotton tees from Amazon. Can you explain @Beth-QVC ?

Thank you.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

I could not enjoy $100 found money.  I would try to track down the owner, and if I could not; would donate it.  

My DH has been sucessful finding the owners of several electronic devices and other items that he found on the LIRR.  There was either an ID and he or I could call the owner directly; or he or I would call the lost & found repeatedly to querry as to whether anyone reported such an item lost, on the specific train. 

Do the math.
QVC Customer Care

@cbrite 

I sent you an email with a copy of the post that I removed. Sorry it looks like it was in cyrillic...

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC Oh my...what is that? I will check my email.......I will be back....got me sort of worried now.....THANK YOU.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cbrite wrote:

@Beth-QVC Oh my...what is that? I will check my email.......I will be back....got me sort of worried now.....THANK YOU.

@cbrite,  Sorry to interrupt but I saw this earlier and wondered...  did you happen to use the “Webdings” or “Wingdings” font family?    Sometimes those appear as Unicode characters and symbols on this site (other sites, too).   At this link there’s a translation to a different font and example when someone used a colorful “Webdings” in a Fashion thread a few days ago:   https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Over-run-with-clothing/m-p/5513318/highlight/true#M595277.

This link goes to a discussion and screen shot of the way a post written in English but using “Wingdings” appeared in a TV and Movies thread last year:   https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/attn-Oznell/td-p/4993238).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I would buy special treats for my mom, to keep her eating well.