Super Contributor

Re: If you don't believe in angels . . .

Using your theory, why would the angel allow the perp to shoot Peter in the stomach?  No offense intended....just questions I have always wondered about. 

Honored Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

Using your theory, why would the angel allow the perp to shoot Peter in the stomach?  No offense intended....just questions I have always wondered about. 

I realize this question isn't directed at me, but I'll offer up an answer if I may.

Most believers don't believe that angels are the same as The Higer Power. They don't make decisions about who gets what grace or miracle. What actually is allowed to happen in a bad (or a good)scenario is up to someone else, and the angels are simply there to serve the deity.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I do feel sorry for non believers.

now, that is a negative statement and a personal slam. Don't feel sorry for me. I have a great life.
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

now, that is a negative statement and a personal slam. Don't feel sorry for me. I have a great life.

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am glad you have a great life,as do I, and I know my afterlife will be even greater:-)

Esteemed Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

@aprildreams, I have given some thought to your question. First, I want to say that I am not claiming any extraordinary knowledge, just what I have read, and experienced in this life. I believe that angels are sentient beings, invisible to us, but real nonetheless. We humans have something the Angels don't, free will. Angels were created to accompany us on our journey, to provide encouragement and guidance. We all have at least one, some have a host, dependent on the goals the human established while still in spirit. And they will protect us insofar as it is possible within their "rules." Someone like Peter Gold has dedicated his life to serving others, poignantly evidenced by his willingness to step in to assist a young woman in danger. I believe that the shooter's angel(s) were screaming guidance to the shooter to stop, but we often don't listen to that guidance. We all receive guidance, we choose to ignore it. They couldn't stop the shooter, but once it happened, maybe they intervened to prevent the second, third, and fourth shots from happening. It's interesting to ponder. Many of us hear that small voice within when a choice needs to be made. That is guidance being gently streamed to us. We are never alone. We are loved and cared for in ways nearly impossible to imagine. Do bad things happen? Yes. But have you ever heard anybody say that as bad as whatever happened was, it was also in very important ways the best thing that had ever happened to them, too? Life on earth, quite the adventure.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I am glad you have a great life,as do I, and I know my afterlife will be even greater:-)

I don't believe that you can possibly know this now.   You'll know whether that's the case or not if it happens.  If you want to believe it, that's another matter but you can't know it.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I don't believe that you can possibly know this now.   You'll know whether that's the case or not if it happens.  If you want to believe it, that's another matter but you can't know it.

I can and do know it...who are you to tell me otherwise?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the religious nature

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I can and do know it...who are you to tell me otherwise?

I am me - entitled to my opinion, just as you are to yours.  If you go back and re-read my post that you quoted, it begins with "I don't believe...."

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Pearley, this is true,we do know it, because we have GODS word that says it.We have faith in JESUS.The HOLY SPIRIT is within us.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.