Frequent Contributor

Re: If you don't believe in angels . . .

Yes fortune!  I have a little one that looks so very like this one with a little darker spots.  She is so appreciative of being rescued off the streets about 5 years ago that she only gives love to anyone who lets her do so -- and most people do when they come here.

Yes, angels do exists and take various forms at surprising times as needed and welcomed.

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why do those whom do not believe, always feel the need to post their negative remarks?

I don't believe and I don't think it is negative to give my opinion on this topic.  The OP stated that if you didn't believe, you should now based on this story.

How am I being negative in stating I don't believe?  Negative would be me going full force on some of these comments here.  But since I am RESPECTFUL of your beliefs, even though many are not of my non-beilef, I won't.

I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it...it has been my experience that non-believers are more negative people....your post comes across as a bit hostile BTW....

hahaha 

no, it isn't hostile.  It is just that sometimes us nonbelivers (which there are many of us out there, we just don't announce it daily) do get tired of being told we are negative because we don't believe.

hositle would be me going off on you and getting personal - which you did to me.  You got personal.  I did no such thing to anyone.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why do those whom do not believe, always feel the need to post their negative remarks?

I don't believe and I don't think it is negative to give my opinion on this topic.  The OP stated that if you didn't believe, you should now based on this story.

How am I being negative in stating I don't believe?  Negative would be me going full force on some of these comments here.  But since I am RESPECTFUL of your beliefs, even though many are not of my non-beilef, I won't.

@biancardi, I did not exhort anyone to believe in angels. My opening statement was that "you might start believing in them" after hearing this story, just because I thought it was rather a miraculous thing that the Good Samaritan's life was spared. It is not my mission in this life to convert anyone to believing what I believe. Not all of my friends believe, and I don't love them any less. Faith is a door that must be freely entered. I was just sticking my toe in to let a little bit of light on the other side shine through. 

that's fine and I gave my opinion.  I don't believe in angels or god.  Please do not pray for me or feel sorry for me, or whatever, because I am firm in my belief (non-belief) just as you are firm in your belief.

Smiley Happy

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it...it has been my experience that non-believers are more negative people....your post comes across as a bit hostile BTW....

hahaha 

no, it isn't hostile.  It is just that sometimes us nonbelivers (which there are many of us out there, we just don't announce it daily) do get tired of being told we are negative because we don't believe.

hositle would be me going off on you and getting personal - which you did to me.  You got personal.  I did no such thing to anyone.

okay dear...have a good evening....

Respected Contributor

Just a quick update from tonight's news.  Our victim is still considered to be in "guarded" condition.  No further updates are planned to  be forthcoming during the night.

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone here that is familiar with my health issues "life/death" since 2002? How could I not believe in a guardian angel or a higher power?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

When I fell down some steps and broke my back, many years ago, I was alone in the house.  I believe my Guardian Angel helped me up, and got me to the phone to call my husband.  Got to the hospital and found out my lumbar bone was a complete break!! YES!  I do believe it was my Guardian Angel assisting me!  They are always at our side.

Honored Contributor

I do feel sorry for non believers.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I very strongly disagree with the statement that non-believers are negative people. Choice of faith or no faith has nothing to do with whether you have a negative or positive personality. I've seen staunch believers here post some pretty negative things. Gossipy, judgmental, mean things.  I've seen non-believers with an extremely optimistic view of life  and vice versa.

The mere fact you made such a broad, negative post about people who  don't happen to believe as you do strikes me as negative and yes, hostile in the extreme.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I do feel sorry for non believers.

Why?

That is their choice and if they are happy, so be it.

I feel more sorry for victims of religious people who are persecuted for not following the faith of the "believers."