Honored Contributor

Re: If you don't believe in angels . . .

I believe in angels.  I believe there is a time to be born and a time to die.  I also believe that everything happens for a reason.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I do believe in angels, but I think it would be wonderful if everyone reading this would stop and say a prayer for Peter Gold.  

Thanks, but not everyone says prayers.

Well, no one is requiring you to do so.  But I personally still think it would be wonderful if everyone did.  Anyway, if you can't say a prayer, at least think good thoughts for him. He deserves no less.  I'll say an extra prayer since you can't.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I do believe in angels, but I think it would be wonderful if everyone reading this would stop and say a prayer for Peter Gold.  

Well, no one is requiring you to do so.  But I personally still think it would be wonderful if everyone did.  Anyway, if you can't say a prayer, at least think good thoughts for him. He deserves no less.  I'll say an extra prayer since you can't.

Good thoughts works for me. I just like to point out that not "everyone" - whose prayers you thought would be wonderful to give, are people who pray.  There are lots of different peopl here with different beliefs.  It's just an awareness of others kind of thing when using a term like "everyone" or "all of us" , etc..  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

Good thoughts works for me. I just like to point out that not "everyone" - whose prayers you thought would be wonderful to give, are people who pray.  There are lots of different peopl here with different beliefs.  It's just an awareness of others kind of thing when using a term like "everyone" or "all of us" , etc..  

I just don't think when someone comes here or any public arena and asks for prayers, is it necessary for someone to take the time to post that they don't pray. I have seen it numerous times in the recent past.

It becomes confrontational, and does nothing to add to the good that is attempting to be done. 

It is sort of like someone coming to a fourm and asking for recipes for pumpkin pie. If you don't have any recipes, or don't like pumpkin pie, or don't eat pumpkin pie, would you really check in just to say you don't? What's the point, and how does that help?

There is nothing discussed here or asked here that someone doesn't do/believe in/value. When an opinion is asked for, go ahead, offer away and debate it, But when a request is simple and you can't grant that request, scroll on by.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio of course people pop in just to say they don't eat pumpkin pie...they will also tell you how many calories and sugar it has, and that you shouldn't eat it either!

Honored Contributor

Why do those whom do not believe, always feel the need to post their negative remarks?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I Believe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why do those whom do not believe, always feel the need to post their negative remarks?

I guess that is the mindset of a non-believer...

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@MaggieMack  Yeah, I saw that on the news this morning.  I'm not sure how convincing that is of evidence of angels being around, since so many people do not survive incidents of violence (e.g. Paris recently -where were the angels then?).

That said, I thought from your thread title that the rest of your post was going to say, "then it saves you a lot of money on all the angel wings jewelry QVC sells."   I probably thought this because I was just looking at two Affinity OTO angel wings pieces of jewelry.  Smiley Happy 

And I've heard stories of people who survived that violence who shouldn't have...like the woman who lay under a dead man and pretended to be dead herself.  Angels can't be everywhere and save everyone.  They do the best they can. 

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I admit that I don't believe in angels.  That's why I believe in people helping each other whenever possible.