Esteemed Contributor

If you don't believe in angels . . .

You might start believing in them. Peter Gold, a fourth-year med student at Tulane was driving down the street when he saw a man dragging a woman by the hair. Peter stopped, got out of his car and approached the man, who then released the woman and she ran away. The perp then put a gun on Peter and demanded money. When Peter said he didn't have any, the perp shot him in the stomach, and tried to shoot him in the head two or three more times but the gun jammed. Perp ran away, but the whole incident was caught on surveillance camera. Peter was seriously wounded, but will recover. Perp was caught, not the first time he's been caught committing a felony.

Some will attribute the gun jamming to dumb luck. I prefer to believe in angels.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: If you don't believe in angels . . .

@MaggieMack  Yeah, I saw that on the news this morning.  I'm not sure how convincing that is of evidence of angels being around, since so many people do not survive incidents of violence (e.g. Paris recently -where were the angels then?).

That said, I thought from your thread title that the rest of your post was going to say, "then it saves you a lot of money on all the angel wings jewelry QVC sells."   I probably thought this because I was just looking at two Affinity OTO angel wings pieces of jewelry.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe in angels.  They stitched and sewed my granddog, Jasper; sprinkled him with sweetness and love; and frosted him with happiness to give to everyone who meets him.

Don't Forget to Cuddle!.jpg

Respected Contributor

I saw this last week on the news.  I also don't think it had anyhing to do with an angel.  If it were so, why don't angels save everyone that is in danger?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

There are no coincidences, but to me, it was not an angel.  Harm would not have happened at all. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

IMO the med student was the angel for coming to the womens aide and thank G-d the gun jammed. I also do like to believe one can be lucky, look at the fighting Irish football team.LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i saw this on the news this morning and truly believe this man has a guardian angel.

or maybe this man is a guardian angel for saving this woman.  we'll never know.

Respected Contributor

Just to add a bit from a local.  Peter Gold is still in the hospital, but his condition is still listed as "guarded".  This at 2:00 on Monday afternoon.  

The video is a wonderful tool which enabled the police to quickly identify the perp, who has been arrested. Makes you wonder why any woman would have been on the street alone in the wee hours of the morning- especially in New Orleans - but according to most reports she was drunk.

I do believe in angels, but I think it would be wonderful if everyone reading this would stop and say a prayer for Peter Gold.  He can use all the help he deserves and we can offer.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I just read an article in referrence to your comment about Paris......per the link of David Watchman, "Paris Crowd was singing 'Kiss the Devil' the moment terror attacks began.  At the moment French Death Metal Fans were singing along to those lyrics...."   

So, I would argue the point that, indeed, some type of celestial beings were present, however, maybe just not the type one wants to see..or Not.

Dont take my word for it, do your own research.

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I saw this last week on the news.  I also don't think it had anyhing to do with an angel.  If it were so, why don't angels save everyone that is in danger?

Exact;ty my point in my post above yours.