Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

If I were younger, I'd live in Williamsburg, VA, where I think I lived in a previous life.  Love it there!

Otherwise, I'd stay where I live now, in my native Pennsyvania.  I've lived in three other states, and I'm happy to be back home.  Never would I leave this country

voluntarily!

Occasional Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

I was born and raised in southern CA. and I miss it.

We're living in Las Vegas currently.

A lot of restaurants have closed here.

There is no entertainment.

Because of the Pandemic we're at home most of the time.

i would love to live at the beach.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

A nice, safe place.

No floods, hurricaines, tornadoes, landslides, earthquakes, wild fires, extreme heat and cold, etc., etc., etc. 

Anyway, wishing all of us safety, no matter where we live or plan to live in the future.

@ROMARY : If a place like that exists, l'll join you! Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

We couldn't have picked a better spot to live then right where we are, Maine coast.  Though we love traveling, we love coming back home. No place is better. 4 seasons,(love our Winters) beautiful beaches, lighthouses, great food.  Great outdoor activites, entertainment.  Now that we are retired we don't have any plans to leave the area. No moving South for us.

Oh, a 2nd home would be in the White Mountains in NH.

Good choices. I loved Portland ME and the White Mountains in NH when I visited there. 

Thanks, @RetRN  Portland is a fun city to visit. cute independent shops, cafes and restaurants tucked down allies, the waterfront. All the old buildings. Wonderful place.   When we visit the White Mts. we stay at the Mt.Washington hotel. Grand Old Dame.

Honored Contributor

I feel I was born exactly where I was meant to be, and have no desire to leave this perfect spot in southern WV. I am truly content right here on part of my grandparents farm, surrounded by mountains and gazillions of beautiful trees.

Dreaming of a 2nd home, I would've loved to have inherited the farm and built a new, large farmstyle house on the most prominent knoll.
Respected Contributor

If any of you know me from these boards (and also my nic) I would live in suburbia of my city, Detroit!  My second home would be somewhere in the woods of the Upper Pennisula (UP to us Michiganders) and I would never leave!

I have lived now in Tulsa for 35 yrs, I do not hate it here, but it is not home!

I have NO desire to ever leave the US, unless maybe Canada!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I've been thinking a lot lately about where I'd like to live when I retire.   I was born in England and have lived there on and off growing up and part of me would love to go back.  At least I have family there and have always thought of it as home.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

We couldn't have picked a better spot to live then right where we are, Maine coast.  Though we love traveling, we love coming back home. No place is better. 4 seasons,(love our Winters) beautiful beaches, lighthouses, great food.  Great outdoor activites, entertainment.  Now that we are retired we don't have any plans to leave the area. No moving South for us.

Oh, a 2nd home would be in the White Mountains in NH.

Good choices. I loved Portland ME and the White Mountains in NH when I visited there. 

Thanks, @RetRN  Portland is a fun city to visit. cute independent shops, cafes and restaurants tucked down allies, the waterfront. All the old buildings. Wonderful place.   When we visit the White Mts. we stay at the Mt.Washington hotel. Grand Old Dame.

I agree, that hotel is magnificent. I remember eating at a very nice floating restaurant in Portland. Also, enjoyed Old Orchard Beach. Oh to be young again and be able to travel. 

Contributor

Anywhere but where I currently live, which is South Central PA...

Would move back to my hometown in a heartbeat, which is in Central PA...

Second home might be Bermuda or Scotland...

Trusted Contributor

#1 home would be in Hawaii..

#2 home in Utah.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~