Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

Where I live in Western Md, close to the WV border.  Heaven.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere, where would you live? And where would your 2nd home be?!

I would not leave my current home in New Jersey.   I've lived in Jersey since I was 5 years old.   My second home would be in my parents' home town in Italy.

Esteemed Contributor

We retired to Texas last year and love it.  If we could afford a summer home, it would probably be in Maine.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I would stay in my homestate of Wisconsin, where all of my and my husband's family is. We have never lived anywhere else.

For a 2nd home I would pick probably Maui, or So. California, or Martha's Vineyard! Hard choice! I love all 3 places for different reasons.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:
Sometimes I think about the rest of the country (bears in peoples’ backyards, dangerous snakes, alligators, giant bugs, sand storms, etc) and realize that I’m very happy where I am in Chicago! In my travels, I’ve only felt that I could probably live in Sydney - and that was probably because it was another big city and (I’m embarrassed to say) because they speak English.

AGREE!!  Until this virus struck, I was very happy here in Chicago.  And I agree with you about Sydney.  Have been there twice and it is a great city in a great country.  And they do speak a "version" of English--LOL!!!

Alternative--a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo on the upper east side (or west side) of Manhattan overlooking Central Park with a mid century modern home in Palm Springs.

Honored Contributor

Right here!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mind giving The White House a shot.  "What have you got to lose?"

Frequent Contributor

Dublin, Ireland for sure!!

Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Where I live now - Western New York. I would like a second home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

@Buffalogal47   We ride our motorcycle to Niagara Falls 6 years ago and we tried to avoid busy interstates. We went through some beautiful small NY towns and it was amazing! 

Respected Contributor

I never take where I live for granted. I love WV and all it’s beauty. The one thing I love the most is that we have all 4 seasons, but if I could own a second home, it would be in Texas or somewhere in the Midwest. It would have to be private or rural, because that’s what I’m use to. I love my home. ❤️