Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

When my husband and I retired, we considered moving. We did some looking around but concluded we love living where we are, the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We are surrounded by gorges and stunning scenery. Our winters can be long and cold but our autumns are gorgeous and our summers are lush and green. That's why we decided to stay right where we are.

Respected Contributor

If I could afford it, and my family moved there too, I'd love to live on the coast of Maine.  I love snow and cold, despise hot and humid.  I love the ocean, especially to walk the shoreline in the cold weather.

Esteemed Contributor

Grew up on the north shore of eastern Long Island...spent two years in another state ....we moved right back......I am where i would want to be....

Honored Contributor

I live in Indiana but DH and I really like Michigan.  Especially around the Great Lakes. While I love where I live, I think there is more to do in Michigan.

Esteemed Contributor

@QuinnPenny Where did you end up?

If I could live anywhere, it would probably be out west, Arizona is beautiful but I love the mountains of Colorado.

Honored Contributor

Iowa right on the Mississippi River.  I love the Riverwalk.  Heart

As soon as Boss Satan fires me, have Fiat, will move.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Have lived or visited other areas of the country but prefer the northeast. Love where I live now, but would prefer Massachusetts, preferably the north shore. 

Honored Contributor

Right here.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Have lived or visited other areas of the country but prefer the northeast. Love where I live now, but would prefer Massachusetts, preferably the north shore. 

I have a neighbor from Cape Cod who says he can only spend about 3 months in Florida because only people from New England understand people from New England, and everyone else frustrates him. I should ask him to elaborate on that sometime.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I have a neighbor from Cape Cod who says he can only spend about 3 months in Florida because only people from New England understand people from New England, and everyone else frustrates him. I should ask him to elaborate on that sometime.

Don't people from New England have the reputation of being gruff, no-nonsense types who dislike chit chat and frivolity? Perhaps that's what he is referring to.....I wouldn't know as I've never been to New England and have no desire to go except to see the coast of Maine with lighthouses......