Trusted Contributor

Re: If you could live anywhere in the U.S., where would it be?

New England is beautiful and I've never had a problem with the people.  That's probably because I am a NOO YAWKER.  LOL. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I would love to visit alot of places again in the US, but to live? Right exactly where I live right now. Heaven on earth! HeartHeart

You said it ID2, God's country!!!

I will be back someday...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I'm happy exactly where I am. An hour from Manhattan and everything I need and want, including my family, right here.

However...if my entire family could move as well, I'd move to Maui in a New York minute!

Hey, if I could afford to live in Hawaii, I'd be able to import NY bagels and pizza whenever I wanted Woman LOL

We had a condo on the ocean on Maui for awhile. It was a second home, and it just took too long to fly there. I knew I would get rock fever or island fever if I lived there full time, though. It was easy to hop a plane to another island, but, still, for me the feeling of being stuck full time on an island would not have been comfortable. That's just my hang up, I know. Now I live on the water in the Midwest.

I agree with you. My husband and I love Hawaii and have been there 3 times, however visiting and living there fulltime is a big difference You are so far from land, and my sister's best friend from college was here visiting a couple of months ago and she lives in Maui, her son is there but in the military, and she said she has one of those tiny houses, but an apartment style, where it is basically one med sized room and it is your living room, bedroom and kitchen and a tiny closed off bath with tiny shower, and no closet space and she said she can barely afford it, she is now retired, but fears she will need to get a part time job in order to stay there...It wouldn't be worth it to me, I would just go and visit!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Real Californians support environmental issues which is why we approve them on the ballot.  We never sit quietly by when our bay has been polluted or our wildlife is endangered or our wetlands threatened.

I believe CA has the most, and the strongest, environmental laws in the nation. We put our money where our mouths are. We have the cleanest gasoline, but it costs us at the pump - most expensive gas in the country.

http://247wallst.com/energy-economy/2016/01/26/gas-prices-in-florida-hit-5-99-most-expensive-in-nati...

@Moonchilde

You are correct.  We are often said to be the environmental example for the nation, and that includes for recycling garbage.  

Californians have never been known for sitting by quietly when there is any problem.

Frequent Contributor

I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and for the most part love it here. It has gotten very crowded here the last few years, but the climate is temperate and there are lots of things to do.  We have the mountains, the ocean, lots of wineries and of course, San Francisco.

Respected Contributor

If I could live anywhere in the US, it would be right where I am.

I moved back to the PNW 13 years ago and would never live anywhere else.

I live by the water (North Puget Sound.)

It's a moderate climate and beautiful environment.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Occasional Contributor

Very happy where we live now. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Chihuahuamom:  Check out Sea Bec, Washington. It is beautiful!!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Real Californians support environmental issues which is why we approve them on the ballot.  We never sit quietly by when our bay has been polluted or our wildlife is endangered or our wetlands threatened.

Noel?  Is that you?   I'm trying not to cry here.  I think of you all the time.

If it's not you - never mind.  Smiley Happy

If it is - Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I have often thought about where I would like to live if i had to leave NE PA.  I truly don't know.

By the time I weed out the weather factor, too hot and humid, earthquakes, wild fires, tornadoes etc it eliminates a lot of places.

Some states, although beautiful, are out because of political factors.

Although I abhor flying, I guess I'd drug myself to be able to fly and spend winters in Hawaii and the summers in a cabin in New England somewhere.