Honored Contributor

Re: If you could eliminate a category from Q what would it be?

LOL

animated-thumb-image-0001.gif

I agree with all the posters except the GOLD jewelry , now, we got to keep that.

ROFL

Trusted Contributor

I would eliminate the TSV so they don't show hour after hour of the same product. for a savings of around $3.  Last week the air purifier was on for $99 plus $7.50 shipping. 2 days later it was $110 with free shipping-----$3.50 more--but we had to listen to the air purifier on every hour as if it were a big deal. Plus the replacement filter after 6 months is $79 on Hunters website.Wow. TSV no big deal.

Any show with Isaac Mizrhati! I feel that he pushes his line of clothing too much. Everything that he presents it's the same narrative, " get one in black, then one in another color". Or he would say, "since it's on easy pay, I would get several". He is hawking his sales, not considering that the customer doesn't need the pressure. It is obvious he is out to make as much money as possible.  It's a turn off! I now change the channel when I hear his intro music comes on. 

Respected Contributor

Cleaning supplies like microfiber towels, supercloths, mops, Scrubdaddy et.al, and cleaning products to use with them. My small town discount store carries plenty.

Respected Contributor

I'm not interested in certain items (mattress is one) and I just don't watch.

What I dislike is an hour presentation of one item, and doing it throughout the day.  Again, I just pass on by.  But if it takes 60 minutes multiple times a day to convince someone, it's probably not a great seller.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to eliminate a category of goods because there are other people who like and want those items. QVC doesn't sell anything harmful.

What would I rather never observe being sold on QVC? Beds. A whole flipping hour of showing one mattress. I don't even look at my own bed for longer than it takes to make it or get in it.

And if I were in the market for a new mattress, I would want to at least see a wide variety of mattresses to choose from. Not just one dang model. Low effort to only show one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Anything under Beauty that covers or ends wrinkles.  And I might add those who present - vendor and or host seem to have used Botox or plastic surgery.  Very obvious and should  be a disclaimer.  

It is obvious on some for sure.  The other day one was on and I told my husband I use those products and she is my age and I sure don't look that good.  He said your lips are too small...lol

Honored Contributor

As long as this is more or less a fantasy let me just say it would be very easy to list the many categories and brands in which I have absolutely no interest but what I'd prefer is not to see them necessarily eliminate anything but to strive for better balance and more variety. I'm not a stockholder so I don't care what sells but more or less gave up watching years ago when the product mix became so narrow, predictable, stagnant and redundant and the presentations so long and repetitive that programming became a complete bore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's not so much categories as it is vendors within those categories.  

Pinning me down, though, I'm adding a category. First choice is QVC's Manufacturers.  Some of the worst.  

Second is Beauty.  After years of experience with expensive, as well as, drug store cosmetics, I don't believe a word they say.

Apparel. I think most designers need to go. 

I suppose Shoes fall under Apparel, but I'm adding as a separate category.  Until QVC's brands offer correct sizing, all need to go.  

Of course, all our opinions are very personal.  What I don't like, others do.  I think Gourmet Foods, although expensive, is QVC's best category.  

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet Beekman , Philosphy, Logo,