Honored Contributor

Re: If you are/were listening to music today....

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I like to listen to XM Satellite Radio in my house.  It's a station called Velvet.  I highly recommend it.  The music doesn't make you want to rip out your hair yet it's 'modern'.  I can't help but wonder there'd be less road rage if people would listen to more calm, soothing music instead of some of what I hear blasting in the cars around me.  Just sayin'

@Annabellethecat66  I just wanted to thank you so much for recommending Velvet.  I have grown tired of the Pop stations that I listen to.  I looked up the station that Velvet was on and turned to it.  I've been listening to it ever since reading your post and am really enjoying it.  You're correct that it's still 'modern' music.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj Thanks for the info but I'm not on Facebook but when my son comes down I'll take a peek. And I wish he made more music too but I'll definitely read the book

Honored Contributor

@NickNack You're welcome.  It is modern but not music where (after listening) you want to rip someone's throat out!  Ha!  Some of the music is so...loud, I don't know.  I like modern music and I don't know if you've ever seen this about me but my favorite music writer (it's his music I like) is Eminem.  Yepper...his music is amazing...My late mother loved Prince (so maybe I'm weird by DNA)...Ha!

I have a friend who will only listen to the 60's music.  I love the 60's and all music, but I want to listen to Sia, John Legend, Sam Smith and so on too.  I like the modern country music too.

It's the same thing with political stuff.  I don't just listen to FOX on Satellite, I listen to CNN.  An ignorant person closes their eyes and ears to people positions they don't like.  

Anyway, I'm glad you like it.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I forgot to tell you.  Did you know you can listen to XM Satellite radio on your cell phone any time and you can listen to it at home?  I have it on my cell phone so I can hear it at home.

I also can listen to it through my wireless Bose.  Just call the XM radio station and they can tell you how easy it is to set it up.  I don't pay extra for it and I doubt you will have to.  Most people don't realize they can get it.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@NickNack I forgot to tell you.  Did you know you can listen to XM Satellite radio on your cell phone any time and you can listen to it at home?  I have it on my cell phone so I can hear it at home.

I also can listen to it through my wireless Bose.  Just call the XM radio station and they can tell you how easy it is to set it up.  I don't pay extra for it and I doubt you will have to.  Most people don't realize they can get it.

@Annabellethecat66  Yes, I knew you could listen to it at home, but I don't have it set up.  I may do that later.  I bought my new car this spring so haven't had Sirius XM that long.  I'm loving it though.  I did not know you could listen to it on your cell phone.  Thanks for the information.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Tonight I listened to "Still" by Lionel Richie on YouTube. I'm grieving and missing my ex-husband with whom I reconciled after more than 2 decades. He died at the end of November before we had the chance to remarry. This song has been in my head and reminds me of the years we wasted and the animosity at the end of our marriage. We both said that we should have stayed married and figured out solutions instead of walking away...hind sight. We never stopped loving each other. Some days I grieve for him, some days for my mom, and some days for both during this difficult year. Yesterday was a better day, and I listened to the "Best of Santana" album. And tomorrow I'll make a point of listening to more upbeat music.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Tonight I listened to "Still" by Lionel Richie on YouTube. I'm grieving and missing my ex-husband with whom I reconciled after more than 2 decades. He died at the end of November before we had the chance to remarry. This song has been in my head and reminds me of the years we wasted and the animosity at the end of our marriage. We both said that we should have stayed married and figured out solutions instead of walking away...hind sight. We never stopped loving each other. Some days I grieve for him, some days for my mom, and some days for both during this difficult year. Yesterday was a better day, and I listened to the "Best of Santana" album. And tomorrow I'll make a point of listening to more upbeat music.

@Desert Lily, wow.  Very touching.  It is a beautiful song.  I'm biased in the fact that there is not a song he sings that I dislike....

What a beautiful post!  Thanks for sharing it with us.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

My husband got a new set of headsets and was on line looking for some music. I heard Rick Nelson (his old favorite), and New Day in the Morning guy, deep voice but very good, and Charlie Rich, we use to play some of his music every weekend with Lynn Anderson too. (Last two were on a reel to reel). I think we still have that and the tapes. Wow. He had Cat Stevens on two days ago. We like various types of music and sound. Sometimes classical is nice too. Relaxing.

Esteemed Contributor

Recently my favorite music to listen to at home is Lady GaGa's newest album Joanne.  It's one of the few albums that I can say I like every song on it a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

Izzy the Hawaiian singer or his real name Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Just his one song alone: Somewhere over the rainbow what a wonderful world , alone will bring you back to Hawaii and put you in a good mood all day. Check it on YouTube.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.