Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you are on Facebook. . .

[ Edited ]

I am not on Facebook but even if I was I would not use my maiden name. I've been married for 40 years. I never use my maiden name for anything. And I use my middle name occasionally on documents.  In fact I was glad to get married so I never had to use that awful last name again. I was teased all through school because of my last name so it's  nice to have a normal last name. Plus I seriously doubt anyone from my childhood would want to connect with me after all these years. As far as I'm concerned, my maiden name died after I got married. 

Honored Contributor

I use both.  That is how I connected with a lot of my childhood friends and classmates.  

Valued Contributor

I did not change my last name when I got married.  so my current last name is my 'maiden name'.  that being said, my Facebook name is 

firstname mylastname husbandslastname

Honored Contributor

I suppose it depends on what you want out of it.  When I was on Facebook, I used my current name.    

It just wasn't for me, so I was probably out of there in a year or so.   Plus, I didn't have any desire for anybody to 'find' me, anyway. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I do not use my maiden name on facebook. I just use my first name and married last name.

Why? Because my brothers wife is on FB and she has my exact full maiden name (Yes he married someone with my first name and even her middle name is the same as mine..lol..).

Plus, I dont care if someone tries to find me from long ago. I am still friends with my 3 best friends from highschool, and people from my old neighborhood. And of course my family knows my married name.

To add- I see many younger people just use their first and middle names on FB. (no last name)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

To add- I see many younger people just use their first and middle names on FB. (no last name)

DD tells me that's so prospective or current employers can't find them! LOL! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only used one name my entire life.  I think if you're trying to reach friends from a very long time ago, you need to provide clues to your identity.  For example, last year I got a friend request from someone whose last name I did not recognize, but, she was using last name from first marriage as middle name, so that's how I knew who it was.  Of course I would have recognized her maiden name, too, since we first met when we  were 13.  Last contact with her was around 1977 & don't know what happened to her first husband.  Knowing what I do about her religious beliefs, I think he probably died.  Don't want to ask about it,  though, & she hasn't said.

Honored Contributor

First Name  Maiden Name  Married Name

Jane Doe Smith