Respected Contributor

Re: If you are alone today...

@LeoGrlwrote:

I went to a local chocolate shop today on my lunch hour and bought ME chocolate.  Yes, all for me!  Although I don't ever need a holiday or a man to buy chocolate. I'm eating it right now with a cup of hot coffee and I'm as happy as a clam!  I also treated my mom (whose in in her mid-eighties) to a bouquet of flowers and come chocolate covered  cherries.  It made her smile and it warmed my heart. To me, that's the spirit of Valentine's Day.  Hugs to all of you on here tonight! 

@LeoGrl...you go girl! Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Valentine’s Day has always been a non-holiday for me. It doesn’t make me feel alone or lonely, and it doesn’t make me feel weird for not being coupled up. I used to get cards for my mom, others in the family.

However, I treated myself to a nice lunch & libation - only to find, as I was asking for my check, that a table of strangers had paid for my lunch and left! My server said that my for-one status on Valentine’s Day and my nifty purple (berry) margarita had caught their eye (old lady out having fun?) and they wanted to buy my lunch. 

WHAT a mood-booster!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@makena, you are stronger than you think....please don't let his hateful language make you think it's true because it's not. Do what you have to do to make your life whole again. You have more support here than you'll ever know. It's never too late to find peace and happiness.

Honored Contributor

Makena, I wish you a Happy Valentines Day with lots of love and good wishes!   I was married to someone like your husband for seventeen years.   Then one day, it was enough.   I took my wedding vows very seriously.   I asked God to forgive me but I couldn't take it anymore.   I told my husband that if he didn't leave that I would   {can't finish the rest here}   and he left.   I have been very happy ever since.   Now my life is sweet, fun and fabulous!    Yours can be too.    God bless you and Happy Valentines Day!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@maestra  your post about doing his laundry made me laugh.  My ex commented that he didn't like the way I did his laundry one day, and that was the last day I ever touched his dirty clothes.   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I was alone but I always am...my wonderful mother would always send us a gift candy box from See's....so, I think of her dear/loving heart on this day...and I could always do something not to be alone if I really wanted ... Smiley Happy

I did get a tune from my 1st ex husband in an email and he used his guitar and sang "I Only Have Eyes For You"... I was over joyed to receive that as we are friends.

I dug around to see if I had any chocolate and no, but I'll get some for another day....love should be shared 365 days... And I'll share with all of you Smiley Very Happy

CANDY heart.JPG

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I happened to be at Sam's today. They had all their Valentine's Day stuff on clearance. There were beautiful bouquets and boxes of chocolates all on clearance. The bouquets were $8.00 and they were huge and the chocolates were $6.00. 

I was tempted to buy a bunch and take them to a nursing home. My parents were in a nursing home over 14 years ago. I bet security wouldn't let me in the door now.