Trusted Contributor

Re: If you are alone today...

Happy Valentines Day to you !!!!!  I enjoyed your kitty picture.  I often think I like animals better than people some days, they love us and need our care !!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm alone with the furkids and refuse to recognize that today is some sort of holiday.  I figure there are millions of people who are not alone, living with a spouse or significant other, who wish they were alone.  I was one of those once and have no desire to do it again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Earlier strolled down memory lane. Wouldn't trade my singleness. Five almost six years ago changed my life. Ended a relationship, In the process found me. Not easy for me trust people. Never to late to change. Small things now which give me pleasure. Thanks again.⚘

Esteemed Contributor

@makenawrote:

@KitTkatwrote:
@makena wrote:

I am married but I may as well be alone.  I feel that way 99% of the time.  A couple days ago he remarked "you are just old and tired and you look it." 

@makena

I'm so sorry this is your life! It makes me feel saddened to read your words as you expressed your pain from his words. And maddened, too! How could he be so heartless? I know this is just a written forum, but im stretching my arms wide open for a hug for you. I meant what I said in my original post that we are all special, beautiful and loved. You are, too! No matter what your husband or anyone else may say. May you find some joy today, and I will pray for you. Happy Valentine's day, you deserve hearts, flowers, chocolate and so much more. 💐❤🍫

i don't know why he is like he is.  I've asked myself that sooooo many times.  I have tried everything I can think of to get through to him but I'm done.  He has let me down one too many times.  I know it's my own fault for sticking it out.  I thought that was what a loving relationship is supposed to be.  Never giving up, sticking it out together, backing each other up.  I've wasted too much of my life on him.  I have no one to blame for letting it go on this long but myself.  I gave him permission to treat me the way he does by staying.  But not this year.  I'm 64 and I used to say "what's the point of changing things now ... it's too late for me."  But I can't accept his treatment any longer.  Can't waste another second of my life feeling sad and hurt.  I am determined to make a change. 

So I will stop carrying on now.  I thank you for being so kind.  Let me wish all of you loving people a peaceful evening. 

You still have a lot of life to live.  It is never too late to change it for the better!   Peace of mind is precious!  Don't give it up!  You should have at least 20 more good years to enjoy....and hopefully more than that! 

Trusted Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

How do I say this...for those alone I think the assumption is that everyone who has a partner is celebrating the day - all of the print ads, social media and some TV news, seem to make it appear that way. It's not always the case though. My dear cousin sent me an email today telling me that her husband has never in their 45 years of marriage bought a card or anything for her on Valentine's Day - just a casual Happy Valentine's Day wish! He's a nice guy, but not much of a romantic. I was alone for 5 years following a divorce and decided that I'd make the day special for me. I went shopping and had a great time all by myself! So, Happy Valentine's Day to all - single or not!

Esteemed Contributor

Today was one of the most satisfying Valentine's Days I've had in a long time. It didn't appear the day was about couples. It was about expressing appreciation for people in general. And I crossed paths with many singles who love their lives, regardless of relationship status.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@makenawrote:

I am married but I may as well be alone.  I feel that way 99% of the time.  A couple days ago he remarked "you are just old and tired and you look it." 

Sending you thoughts of loving friendship today. XO

You're not alone. You have us here, to be with you and to keep you company, too. Heart

Regular Contributor

@makenawrote:

@KitTkatwrote:
@makena wrote:

@makena

I'm so sorry this is your life! It makes me feel saddened to read your words as you expressed your pain from his words. And maddened, too! How could he be so heartless? I know this is just a written forum, but im stretching my arms wide open for a hug for you. I meant what I said in my original post that we are all special, beautiful and loved. You are, too! No matter what your husband or anyone else may say. May you find some joy today, and I will pray for you. Happy Valentine's day, you deserve hearts, flowers, chocolate and so much more. 💐❤🍫

i don't know why he is like he is.  I've asked myself that sooooo many times.  I have tried everything I can think of to get through to him but I'm done.  He has let me down one too many times.  I know it's my own fault for sticking it out.  I thought that was what a loving relationship is supposed to be.  Never giving up, sticking it out together, backing each other up.  I've wasted too much of my life on him.  I have no one to blame for letting it go on this long but myself.  I gave him permission to treat me the way he does by staying.  But not this year.  I'm 64 and I used to say "what's the point of changing things now ... it's too late for me."  But I can't accept his treatment any longer.  Can't waste another second of my life feeling sad and hurt.  I am determined to make a change. 

So I will stop carrying on now.  I thank you for being so kind.  Let me wish all of you loving people a peaceful evening. 

((((((( @makena))))))))  You have support here.  Wishing you Peace and Love. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to a local chocolate shop today on my lunch hour and bought ME chocolate.  Yes, all for me!  Although I don't ever need a holiday or a man to buy chocolate. I'm eating it right now with a cup of hot coffee and I'm as happy as a clam!  I also treated my mom (whose in in her mid-eighties) to a bouquet of flowers and come chocolate covered  cherries.  It made her smile and it warmed my heart. To me, that's the spirit of Valentine's Day.  Hugs to all of you on here tonight!