Honored Contributor

Re: If you are alone today...

@KitTkat  I am here with my dog.   Celebrated with my children over the weekend.   Happy Valentine's Day to all.

Honored Contributor

well said KitKat. thanks for sharing your love with all of us

Respected Contributor

@makenawrote:

I am married but I may as well be alone.  I feel that way 99% of the time.  A couple days ago he remarked "you are just old and tired and you look it." 

@makena  A remark like that deserves a smart comeback.

If you wash his clothes, consider throwing in a fiberglass curtain with his underwear and socks.

His itching should be entertaining.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1wrote:

@KitTkat@Carmie@LilacTree@Mom2Dogs@151949

@makena@catwhisperer

CBC625BB-504A-4F7B-B374-DA81A81DA387.jpeg

Cookies for you...it is the best I can do.

Just know I am thinking of you❤️❤️❤️❤️

Aren't those pretty!

Contributor

Thanks for  the wishes - will have to wait a few weeks for the chocolate and ice cream.  But my springer spaniel Bella Mia will be getting hugs today!

Honored Contributor

HAPPY VALENTINES LOVELIES!!!!!

Related image

Honored Contributor

@catwhispererwrote:

I buy myself gifts. Cat Happy

@catwhisperer, I always say the best gifts are the ones you buy yourself. You know you'll like it, and no hurt feelings to the person who gives you the gift if you don't.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

@catwhispererwrote:

I buy myself gifts. Cat Happy

@catwhisperer, I always say the best gifts are the ones you buy yourself. You know you'll like it, and no hurt feelings to the person who gives you the gift if you don't.

I know some people are not into "material things", but it's so seldom that I get flowers or gifts/treats, that when I do, I appreciate them very much. They aren't expensive items, but items I truly enjoy. Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1wrote:

@KitTkat@Carmie@LilacTree@Mom2Dogs@151949

@makena@catwhisperer

CBC625BB-504A-4F7B-B374-DA81A81DA387.jpeg

Cookies for you...it is the best I can do.

Just know I am thinking of you❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks!  those cookies are so pretty, almost to pretty to eat...I have never met a cookie I did not like!

Respected Contributor

@KitTkatwrote:
@makena wrote:

I am married but I may as well be alone.  I feel that way 99% of the time.  A couple days ago he remarked "you are just old and tired and you look it." 

@makena

I'm so sorry this is your life! It makes me feel saddened to read your words as you expressed your pain from his words. And maddened, too! How could he be so heartless? I know this is just a written forum, but im stretching my arms wide open for a hug for you. I meant what I said in my original post that we are all special, beautiful and loved. You are, too! No matter what your husband or anyone else may say. May you find some joy today, and I will pray for you. Happy Valentine's day, you deserve hearts, flowers, chocolate and so much more. 💐❤🍫

i don't know why he is like he is.  I've asked myself that sooooo many times.  I have tried everything I can think of to get through to him but I'm done.  He has let me down one too many times.  I know it's my own fault for sticking it out.  I thought that was what a loving relationship is supposed to be.  Never giving up, sticking it out together, backing each other up.  I've wasted too much of my life on him.  I have no one to blame for letting it go on this long but myself.  I gave him permission to treat me the way he does by staying.  But not this year.  I'm 64 and I used to say "what's the point of changing things now ... it's too late for me."  But I can't accept his treatment any longer.  Can't waste another second of my life feeling sad and hurt.  I am determined to make a change. 

So I will stop carrying on now.  I thank you for being so kind.  Let me wish all of you loving people a peaceful evening.