Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you are alone today...

@LilacTreewrote:

I don't live alone anymore (I did at times and never minded it).  Right now I live with my daughter who also has chronic illness.  It's a very quiet household.  There is no drama.  We respect each other's privacy.

I haven't had a "man" in my life since my mid-50s, and have never missed it. 

We would both love just to be healthy.  That is the greatest gift of all.

Heart with a Smiley Happy for you, today, along with thought and prayers.

There have been many hugs that I had hoped to personally give you.

There would have been no judgmental significant conclusion - that I was there from you.

I certainly appreciated and understand what you have often illustrated. 

Having been in an advance prerequisite learning, that was established from cognitive education, from our son, __No Drama!__

In accordance with his mindset and unbelievable profession, that is not totally 'of' any part of his day to day work ethic.

I will not allow ``that``  also, creating how I live and give any account, being that of any state conditions- as an abstract, owning stress in our home. 

My Valentine's gift to you is what I fully protect as sincere love, as a woman of resilient magnitude, thought provoking solutions, a gentle heart, a woman of great fortitude working and rearing her children.

In the end, you will know this as a being a Godly mother with an on going persistence of valuable learning gifts that have been given in a strong straight forwardly manner, to your daughters.

You stay consistent, having beautiful mentally healthy morals that will live on for years, as your legacy.

Heart "Please never forget that".

Rarely,

do I give more than I believe, with accolades, to someone whom I have not met, personally.

'You are one of my superbly shared social respective ladies...

'of my mind and soul'.           Heart

@LilacTree

February 14th, 2018

NAES

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You never know - I got a valentine and candy from my housekeeper. And a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard to help sell the house.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have never made a big deal out of valentines day....back in the early days he would send flowers but I never expected anything.

Today he gave me 2 cards, one from him and the other from the dog!

Honored Contributor

@NAES1wrote:

@LilacTreewrote:

I don't live alone anymore (I did at times and never minded it).  Right now I live with my daughter who also has chronic illness.  It's a very quiet household.  There is no drama.  We respect each other's privacy.

I haven't had a "man" in my life since my mid-50s, and have never missed it. 

We would both love just to be healthy.  That is the greatest gift of all.

Heart with a Smiley Happy for you, today, along with thought and prayers.

There have been many hugs that I had hoped to personally give you.

There would have been no judgmental significant conclusion - that I was there from you.

I certainly appreciated and understand what you have often illustrated. 

Having been in an advance prerequisite learning, that was established from cognitive education, from our son, __No Drama!__

In accordance with his mindset and unbelievable profession, that is not totally 'of' any part of his day to day work ethic.

I will not allow ``that``  also, creating how I live and give any account, being that of any state conditions- as an abstract, owning stress in our home. 

My Valentine's gift to you is what I fully protect as sincere love, as a woman of resilient magnitude, thought provoking solutions, a gentle heart, a woman of great fortitude working and rearing her children.

In the end, you will know this as a being a Godly mother with an on going persistence of valuable learning gifts that have been given in a strong straight forwardly manner, to your daughters.

You stay consistent, having beautiful mentally healthy morals that will live on for years, as your legacy.

Heart "Please never forget that".

Rarely,

do I give more than I believe, with accolades, to someone whom I have not met, personally.

'You are one of my superbly shared social respective ladies...

'of my mind and soul'.           Heart

@LilacTree

February 14th, 2018

NAES

@NAES1

Thank you for saying those lovely things, NAES.  I will agree that my priorities are my children and that never, ever changes.  They are in their mid-lives and I am 80 and still an "earth mother," which they lovingly laugh about.  Can't help it . . . none of us can change who we are.  I am consistent in that way.  No one in my family ever doubts what my meanings or actions are.  That is not always popular, but they are respected.

As physically limited as I am, I remain the matriarch whether I like it or not, or several others don't like it.  I don't push it . . . it just comes to me.

Thank you again, NAES.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I am happily married, but Valentine’s Day is no big deal here.  We don’t celebrate it.

i did buy the grandkids a Valentine Pez dispenser with some candy. They collect them.

i got a kiss this morning first thing as always and will get one tonight last thing before I go to bed.  I could get one after dinner too. That is the best gift in the world from anyone.  

Material things are not important to me, especially when retailers are behind the gift giving day.

Have a happy day today and everyday.

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

I am married but I may as well be alone.  I feel that way 99% of the time.  A couple days ago he remarked "you are just old and tired and you look it." 

@makena

I'm so sorry this is your life! It makes me feel saddened to read your words as you expressed your pain from his words. And maddened, too! How could he be so heartless? I know this is just a written forum, but im stretching my arms wide open for a hug for you. I meant what I said in my original post that we are all special, beautiful and loved. You are, too! No matter what your husband or anyone else may say. May you find some joy today, and I will pray for you. Happy Valentine's day, you deserve hearts, flowers, chocolate and so much more. 💐❤🍫

Honored Contributor

To all of us who didn't get chocolate today...we are the lucky ones.Chocolate ( not denying that it isn't delicious)has a lot of sugar and empty calories we don't need anyhow.I got a really nice text from my son wishing me a happy Valentine's Day.That was sweet.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my wonderful friends here and you are all special.I would miss you if I didn't look in here every day.

Honored Contributor

@KitTkat@Carmie@LilacTree@Mom2Dogs@151949

@makena@catwhisperer

CBC625BB-504A-4F7B-B374-DA81A81DA387.jpeg

Cookies for you...it is the best I can do.

Just know I am thinking of you❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Just another Hallmark Holiday.... and for chocolatiers too.

There doesn't need to be a special day set aside to celebrate love.

Esteemed Contributor

@dexwrote:

@makena That is cruel...what a piece of doggie doo.How did you let him get into your life?Is he thinking he's all that and a bag of chips? 

Sometimes, the truth is cruel.  Happily alone this year!