Honored Contributor

Re: If we were all to meet unidentified in a large room

@dmod nj wrote:

cherry,

I don't think anyone would be able to pick me out. I am accentless. Smiley Wink  lol

My board friends, who have spoken to me or met me, can vouch for me. Smiley Wink

Right ladies!!  lol   Come on, be honest with cherry. Smiley Happy

dmod, Jersey accents are all over the place.  I've lived in NJ almost my entire life and after spending my college days in Wisconsin, people think I'm from the Mid-west.

Hope you and your family are well.  My husband is happy with the Yankees being in first place at the All Star break.  I'm ecstatic my Mets are not in last place.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

cherry,

I don't think anyone would be able to pick me out. I am accentless. Smiley Wink  lol

My board friends, who have spoken to me or met me, can vouch for me. Smiley Wink

I've seen you comment before about your lack of accent.  Hahaha ....... I'm sure that's true, dmod, as none of my friends from New Jersey have accents.  Of course, being from Philly, I don't have one either!  LOL  

Citrine, Smiley Happy

lol Yes, that is a running joke with my board friends. 

Well, you seem to understand perfectly!!  Of course you don't have an accent! lol Smiley Happy  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
5' tall; short blonde hair; not thin; turtleneck and oh yes! Probably those Dream Jeannes with the sparkle heart on the pocket!
I had one of Jeanne's original Jean Jackets (with a sparkle heart on the back) ... my granddaughter confiscated it ... thought it was the bee's knees (Smiley Wink).   I sure miss my jacket!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

cherry,

dmod, Jersey accents are all over the place.  I've lived in NJ almost my entire life and after spending my college days in Wisconsin, people think I'm from the Mid-west.

Hope you and your family are well.  My husband is happy with the Yankees being in first place at the All Star break.  I'm ecstatic my Mets are not in last place.

Hi lulu, Smiley Happy

I agree, there is no one Jersey accent.   A northern Jersey accent is very different from central or southern Jersey accents. 

We are very well, thank you. Smiley Happy   I am ecstatic about the Yankees, as well. I hope your husband and I are just as happy in the fall.

I am  happy for the Mets and their fans.  I root for them, as long as they are not playing the Yanks. 

I feel so bad for David Wright. Smiley Sad  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, cherry,  You and I would be the ones wearing gemstones? Smiley Happy 

I'd also be wearing pantyhose, just to prime the flow of conversation.

If no one would talk to me, I'd be the one in the corner reading my Kindle.

Honored Contributor

What a fun thought!... I think l speak the same way l write-- short and sweet, lol. I get to the point right away, and was never long-winded. So many of you write so well-- articulate, witty and intelligent, and would be interesting to know in-person.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I think my accent would give me away ,for sure Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I don't have an "accent"......the rest of you do (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Hi, cherry,  You and I would be the ones wearing gemstones? Smiley Happy 

I'd also be wearing pantyhose, just to prime the flow of conversation.

If no one would talk to me, I'd be the one in the corner reading my Kindle.

I would be happy to join you in the corner for a discussion of "Barchester Towers" and "Mystery Science Theatre 3000".  Our interests are nothing if not diverseSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, y'all might mistake me for a former host at first:  You know, all "Madison Avenue" "old money" look. . . ladies who lunch. . . that sort of thing.  

Cat Very Happy