Honored Contributor

Re: If we edit to correct a misspelled word

@momtochloe wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I get two notifications for every heart or mention.  Two for one, like an iPad message.

I have the same experience @Noel7, I can get multiple notifications but when I go to check them there is only one listed.  I have a Windows based laptop.

Yes. That's a slightly different thing. I get two screen pop-ups for every actual notification when I'm on the forum - like they want to be sure you see it?  But I still also get another notification if someone edits a post where I've already gotten a notification. It seems to register for me as a completely new name-mention.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I send my heart felt apologies to everyone! For some reason, I seem to edit most of my posts! I guess I hit post before my mind stops working! I will indeed try to be more thorough before hitting the button!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@and have already mentioned someone by using the @ sign ,  does it send them another notification after we make the correction? 

Hope not....Cat Mad

@Imadickens

Never gave it a thought, and I haven't a clue.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@and have already mentioned someone by using the @ sign ,  does it send them another notification after we make the correction? 

Hope not....Cat Mad

@Imadickens

hckynut(john)

Me either and I don't have a clue what the question/issue is .  

Honored Contributor

There are 2 issues involved here.   One is the notification we see in the list when we go to our "Notification Feed."  The other is the friendly little popup telling us someone just hearted a post or used the "@" to reference us.   I think we always see at least 2 of the popups if we happen to be logged in when the action takes place.

There's a known glitch (it's been discussed on other threads with the moderators, but it's been quite a while so not everyone would've seen them) that causes us to receive more than one notification if someone uses the "@ plus nickname" in the post and then edits the post.   Seems to show up sometimes, but not all the time.   I think that's what @truffle was asking about.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

I send my heart felt apologies to everyone! For some reason, I seem to edit most of my posts! I guess I hit post before my mind stops working! I will indeed try to be more thorough before hitting the button!

@Imadickens,  I edit all the time, too!   I wish I weren't so bad about re-thinking a post and going back to make a change...   I also overlook typos the first time around, sometimes.    No worries, though.   Hey, a few extra notifications aren't such a bad thing.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Hope not....Cat Mad

@Imadickens

hckynut(john)

@hckynut I'm sure it was just an honest mistake but my nic is truffle not jewelwisher.  Thank you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

There are 2 issues involved here.   One is the notification we see in the list when we go to our "Notification Feed."  The other is the friendly little popup telling us someone just hearted a post or used the "@" to reference us.   I think we always see at least 2 of the popups if we happen to be logged in when the action takes place.

There's a known glitch (it's been discussed on other threads with the moderators, but it's been quite a while so not everyone would've seen them) that causes us to receive more than one notification if someone uses the "@ plus nickname" in the post and then edits the post.   Seems to show up sometimes, but not all the time.   I think that's what @truffle was asking about.

Yes it is what I was asking about.  I never want to re-notify someone just because of an edit.  Can't believe it's a known glitch and not repaired - oh wait - yes, I can believe it, this is qvc.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle

Sorry, I probably hit the second name instead of the first when the list popped up. Will try to make sure I have the right name when I add the name to my posts.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Yes it is what I was asking about.  I never want to re-notify someone just because of an edit.  Can't believe it's a known glitch and not repaired - oh wait - yes, I can believe it, this is qvc.  

I didn't search to find the threads, but from what I've seen this has been corrected several times and then it returns down the road (probably when the IT folks "update" the site software -- with each correction to one thing, we seem to see a new problem crop up or we get to revisit an old problem).    In this case, the Q Social Team members know about it because it happens to them, too.    If we "@ mention" them in a post and then edit it, they get plenty of extra notifications.   This is a glitchy website, to say the least.