Esteemed Contributor

Re: If they give it to you for 'free'

@SilleeMee, my coworker does this for Amazon. Gets really nice stuff. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy writing reviews so if it’s a product I’d use then I probably would. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure HSN does something along these lines.  People who purchase DG jeans all the time are sent free jeans prior to them being offered as a TSV, or even on air, in exchange for writing a review.

Hot in Hollywood used to have a program on HSN where they sent out clothing and the customers who rec'd the free clothing called in during the show and their photo was put up, etc. 

I believe SSC also has a program you can sign up for where free new product is given.

Honored Contributor

This kind of thing points out that no one can trust reviews:/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to write reviews. I try to be honest and straight-forward when reviewing a product. Regardless of any type of bonus or discounts offered, I don't let those persuade my reviews. As a shopper, I like to read the product reviews and take what I can from them for whatever they are worth to me before I make my purchase especially if the item is a considerable purchase. I realize that not all reviews are totally honest and forthcoming but I try to give people looking at the things I have bought an honest description of my experience with the products. I would like that very much if others would do the same. It means a lot to me and more importantly, it helps me spend my money wisely and I hope I can offer that service to others as well.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Amazon vendors have done this a lot in the past.  It's pretty easy to spot the products I think they've discontinued the practice now.  Naturally the recipients of free merchandise feel obligated to give good reviews.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

This kind of thing points out that no one can trust reviews:/

@tansy

you get something, you review it.......it is good, bad, or somewhere in between.

you answer honestly..

not necessarily a bad thing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Sure, I would do it if it was a product I had an interest in and felt I could give a helpful review.  You normally are required to disclose that you received the product for free in exchange for your review.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Sure, I would do it if it was a product I had an interest in and felt I could give a helpful review.  You normally are required to disclose that you received the product for free in exchange for your review.

Yes, they said that when my reviews get posted there will be a designated marking on my review indicating that I had participated in the program for which I have written a review.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   Still waiting for QVC to give me ANYTHING FOR FREE.  I know I'll probably be waiting for a very, very long time!