Honored Contributor

Re: If they give it to you for 'free'

@software wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That has already happened to me.  A few months ago, there was beauty product on FB.  I went to the website to take a look, they offered a free one month sample for just shipping.  I bought and used it.  About two weeks later, I got an email and they they said that they would send the product to me free for a year and their only request was that after a year, I go to their site and give an honest review of the product.  It's a great product and every month, I receive the moisturizer and the tightening serum for 99 cents to cover the shipping.  Which, I don't believe even covers shipping.   I'm pretty sure shipping charges are more than 99 cents but that's what they bill.  I'd glady do it again for a product that I like and really do use.

After a year??

I'm 64!  I don't even buy green bananas!

Ok, I don't know what means..lol   But I think the skincare company that sends me the products wants real opinions from women who have been using their product long term because no skincare product works immedately.  If the promise is that "with time" you'll see the benefits.....that doesn't mean 2 or 3 weeks.  That's what I think anyway.

Honored Contributor

if you belong to some of the qvc facebook groups there are often giveaways when a vendor is being featured......everything from lug bags to jai jewelry to beauty products to clothing. the vendors and reps are very kind to provide products for these giveaways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Depending on what it was, yes, I'd do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No if it has a string attached no matter the product.

If it's a  free sample with no strings, then yes.   Grab and go. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

If a store offers a product to you for free to try out in exchange for giving your review of the product, would you take the offer?

@SilleeMee

Sure, I would - if the product was of interest to me. I’ve done it. As long as it is an honest review they ask for, I’m fine with it. Getting something for free doesn’t make it good. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@software wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

That has already happened to me.  A few months ago, there was beauty product on FB.  I went to the website to take a look, they offered a free one month sample for just shipping.  I bought and used it.  About two weeks later, I got an email and they they said that they would send the product to me free for a year and their only request was that after a year, I go to their site and give an honest review of the product.  It's a great product and every month, I receive the moisturizer and the tightening serum for 99 cents to cover the shipping.  Which, I don't believe even covers shipping.   I'm pretty sure shipping charges are more than 99 cents but that's what they bill.  I'd glady do it again for a product that I like and really do use.

After a year??

I'm 64!  I don't even buy green bananas!

Ok, I don't know what means..lol   But I think the skincare company that sends me the products wants real opinions from women who have been using their product long term because no skincare product works immedately.  If the promise is that "with time" you'll see the benefits.....that doesn't mean 2 or 3 weeks.  That's what I think anyway.

@chrystaltree  It means onemay not live long enough to see the bananas ripen.

It's dark humor.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If a store offers a product to you for free to try out in exchange for giving your review of the product, would you take the offer?

The answer to my own question...YES!  I took their offer.  Now all I have to do is wait for them to show me the goods.happy dance.gif