Esteemed Contributor

Re: If there is only land, no homes etc would you stop

I take a picture.  Lasts forever unlike the flower that will die. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for all your posts..............I will not be picking flowers in Caliofrnia and this was so  many flowers of iris' on a field I have passed by for 13 years and got two, I don't think two will ever harm the eco or the bulbs...........the bulbs are still there and they will be back next year the two flowers I picked.........I don't feel guility but would never take where there were signs or someone living there.............it is in a field...........must have been a home there at one time since they are bulbs and it was in the country  nothing on the land for at least 13 years.....but probably for many more......I doubt the owner if living would mind at all as in the past if some one had beautiful flowers and many of them I have stopped to ask if I could have one and they were so happy to give me one.......... there was not for sale sign either......I do not see it as stealing.  I could have taken them all..............you can for sure tell the land is never used  As I travel that road at least 5 times a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care how you try to justify it, Rainbow, whether you pick one flower, or 1,000, WRONG IS WRONG!

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

'No Trespassing' signs are routinely stolen or knocked down by trespassers. 

My in-laws bought a piece of propriety in a rural location when they were newlyweds, intending to someday build a home for their retirement years.

They sacrificed a lot to pay for the land and taxes while also paying to live and work in the city.

They 'visited' their property for 40 years before building.

They planted fruit trees, stocked the pond, and planned their dream home. 

'No house' doesn't mean it's not near and dear to someone. 

A friend of mine spent every weekend for months cutting and hauling trees to admit more sunlight to an area so they could plant a wider variety of wildflowers AND a few vegetables. 

The family enjoys camping here when they can get away for a few days, and no, you won't see a 'home'.

To the one collecting all the pine cones without permission, I want you to know my SIL did get permission to have her scout troop come and collect them for a project, and all that was left was the puny, broken ones. They looked forward to that outing for weeks. You broke their hearts.

Trusted Contributor

You know since this year I can think better I realize today this site is for joy talking and just chit chat of receipes and sweet memories...........such a judgmental place.  So I will be sure to write rainbows ribbons and roses

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Thank you for all your posts..............I will not be picking flowers in Caliofrnia and this was so  many flowers of iris' on a field I have passed by for 13 years and got two, I don't think two will ever harm the eco or the bulbs...........the bulbs are still there and they will be back next year the two flowers I picked.........I don't feel guility but would never take where there were signs or someone living there.............it is in a field...........must have been a home there at one time since they are bulbs and it was in the country  nothing on the land for at least 13 years.....but probably for many more......I doubt the owner if living would mind at all as in the past if some one had beautiful flowers and many of them I have stopped to ask if I could have one and they were so happy to give me one.......... there was not for sale sign either......I do not see it as stealing.  I could have taken them all..............you can for sure tell the land is never used  As I travel that road at least 5 times a year.

@DowntonAbbey You're missing the points posters made so well.

If everybody takes "only" 2 think of the results.

Also  every property belongs to someone.

Even if it's owned by the government it might have.......probably has rules about taking flowers or other things from it.

Then there are the safety concerns & just being considerate of others. Good to think about next time?

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

'No Trespassing' signs are routinely stolen or knocked down by trespassers. 

My in-laws bought a piece of propriety in a rural location when they were newlyweds, intending to someday build a home for their retirement years.

They sacrificed a lot to pay for the land and taxes while also paying to live and work in the city.

They 'visited' their property for 40 years before building.

They planted fruit trees, stocked the pond, and planned their dream home. 

'No house' doesn't mean it's not near and dear to someone. 

A friend of mine spent every weekend for months cutting and hauling trees to admit more sunlight to an area so they could plant a wider variety of wildflowers AND a few vegetables. 

The family enjoys camping here when they can get away for a few days, and no, you won't see a 'home'.

To the one collecting all the pine cones without permission, I want you to know my SIL did get permission to have her scout troop come and collect them for a project, and all that was left was the puny, broken ones. They looked forward to that outing for weeks. You broke their hearts.

Not hardly. I'm in the middle of a national forrest. So, wasn't me.

Trusted Contributor

I have no more word to say about this I can't glue the flower back on but the bulb is there and it will come back next year............I will for sure ask for permission next time but reading the answers is so stressful...........that puts weight on us..............people act like it was something horrible.............I am learning not to ask very much on this board.

Respected Contributor

Just buy a bunch of flowers at the grocery store.   Why would you pick something that's not yours