Valued Contributor

Re: If there is only land, no homes etc would you stop

@x Hedge wrote:

@garmer,  nope, wasn't you, and that's why I didn't direct my reply to you by name. Of course you know thousands of people log on and read thru the forums. I took a gamble.

But you might want to check the laws regarding harvesting plant life or other keepsakes in your particular national forest. Some of the penalties are quite severe.

But this is off topic as you know I wrote about gathering pinecones on private property. 

On the federal land, it's allowed. My state has strict laws about removing anything from the wild.

I'm looking at the OP with the point of view that nobody really knew, from her opening post, where she picked the flower. I don't think anybody can declare it stealing without more facts. That's the point I was trying to make.

Esteemed Contributor

@garmer wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@garmer,  nope, wasn't you, and that's why I didn't direct my reply to you by name. Of course you know thousands of people log on and read thru the forums. I took a gamble.

But you might want to check the laws regarding harvesting plant life or other keepsakes in your particular national forest. Some of the penalties are quite severe.

But this is off topic as you know I wrote about gathering pinecones on private property. 

On the federal land, it's allowed. My state has strict laws about removing anything from the wild.

I'm looking at the OP with the point of view that nobody really knew, from her opening post, where she picked the flower. I don't think anybody can declare it stealing without more facts. That's the point I was trying to make.

Well if the land does not belong to you then you do not own anything that is on it.  Taking something you do not own is stealing.  No other facts are needed.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

Maybe allergic to stolen flowers?

LOL and allergic to the law.

@Melania  @Melania

(chuckle)

One has to understand that DA has always been this way, even back in her "Rainbows & Ribbons" days.

She would post a question, good hearted, decent people would take the time to give her thoughtful answers, but, sometimes those answers was not what she wanted to hear.

She wanted to hear that her point-of-view is 100% perfectly okay, and anything short of that, people were being "mean:.

In the end, she's going to do whatever she feels like doing, no matter what people on here say.

She always has, and most likely, always will.

Personally, I think she is just trying to get attention, and boy, does she ever get it.

And yes, I am perfectly well aware that I give it to her too.

I do too. I see through the BS.

Remember her gyno exam of her DIL?  No Boundaries anywhere.

I just don't pay enough attention.  NOW I know who is involved.  I I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification. 

Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@garmer wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Well if the land does not belong to you then you do not own anything that is on it.  Taking something you do not own is stealing.  No other facts are needed.

I'd say that federal lands belong to "We the People". What say you? Sadly, it was stolen from the NA peoples.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I am serious I don't get the news............and it seems the world is perfect.   I need to go online and read but it is stressful.

Esteemed Contributor

@garmer wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@garmer wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

I'd say that federal lands belong to "We the People". What say you? Sadly, it was stolen from the NA peoples.

I would say "what gives you the right to steal something that belongs to me and the rest of the citizens".  Still not your property and you would still be a thief.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

Getting shot in a wide open field on a dirt road.  lol

Trusted Contributor

YES AN OPEN field and nothing has been on it for 13 plus years...........one time yesterday GEEZZZZ    Cough Cough Cough   my goodness so much bickeringl

Esteemed Contributor

You really should take something for that cough.

It seems to be getting worse.

Trusted Contributor

For the person with the pond did you not have signs all around, I think if someone cares not to have a foot on the ground there would be signs as DO NOT ENTER STAY ALWAY CAMERAS ON  PRIVATE PROPERTY STAY OFF