Valued Contributor

Re: If there is only land, no homes etc would you stop

You just keep picking @DowntonAbbey and so will I.  I cut through farmland and woodland owned by others all the time in my neck of the woods.

If someone doesn't want me there (or want you there) they'll let me know.  Nothing wrong with enjoying nature's bounty, as long as we're not being hoggish about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Bullying? Because she defends what she did and others disagree? 

This has been big time bullying on here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't read the comments so I don't know if it's been brought up, but only amateurs settle for one flower at a time. Entire bouquets can be had when strolling through a graveyard. 

One flower at a time? No way, life is too short!

If you doubt that look around next time you stop by to "pick up" an arrangement. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You might tell that to Downton Abbey the next time she starts a thread calling people Nazi's

It's not worth it to argue over nothing at this point. Time to give it a rest.  After all, we are grown women.

Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I've dug up flowers on the side of the road and planted them in my yard, so I might.

So have I, @esmeraldagooch! Tiger lilies (wood lilies) in the woods. Smiley Happy

wood lilies.jpg

Mine were wild violets.

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Teddie wrote:
NOBODY deserves to be treated this way. Ever. I don't care what's happened in the past. It reminds me of watching those nature shows where the pack goes after and takes down the weaker animal.

I don't want to be one of the 'mean girls' but with only 152 posts I don't think you can understand the past some people have with this poster. Most of the things they are referring to I have no knowledge of (past things I mean). 

But I do know that every time recently this poster comes here and asks a question and for input, then doesn't like the input, she lashes out about being picked on and treated horribly, and having suffered a head injury. The unending whining is simply ridiculous on a public forum where you ask for opinions then freak out when you don't like the opinions given. 

And let's face it. When you post private things on a public forum, they are going to be there, and people are going to bring them up in the future. That is the way of the world. Once 'it' is out, it is out, and the OP did that to herself. She has evidently posted some personal or private things in the past, and now when it is brought up again, she isn't happy about it. 

Live and learn.

@Mominohio  My posting count in no way diminishes my opinion about this.  I'm not a new poster.  I've been here since the 90s so I know very well what goes on around here.  I don't think what you've described negates what I said.  I would not be a sincere person if I suddenly agreed with you that, yes, now she does deserve all this.  She does not nor does anyone. 

I don't understand how this is allowed to stay up.  I've seen so many other threads and posts deleted for far less.  Some of us see this as just brutal and it goes on far too much here.    

It stays because whether a handful of people think it's Bullying™ or not, it isn't. It's nothing more than people disagreeing, and/or pointing out that the OPs posts go back years, there are people who have been here for years, and people have memories. The names change, the family changes, the situation(s) change. And with the very first doubt from anyone about anything, both the hostility and The Inviolable Excuse come out. Every.time.

The fact that there are people who refuse to even consider that long-time posters might have a clue and who miiiight want to sit back and read the OP's future posts with a grain of salt is what is counted on...every.single.time.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

State highway departments, at least those in the Southwest, seed wildflowers along roadsides so there will be a pretty display for all to see.  They belong to the people of that state. Many landowners seed their pastures with Bluebonnets in Texas.  I have some of those seeds and always thought I'd try them in my yard. 

You may cut a Christmas tree from most National Forests but you must go to a BLM office, get a permit and pay a small fee. 

There is no excuse for trespassing on someone elses' private property. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I can't get over people thinking that it's okay to stop and dig up plants to put in their own gardens.  Many landowners where I am plant tiger lillies and lupines near the road edge to create a beautiful display when they're in flower.

Those flowers are still on private land and they are not "free for the taking".  What has happened to people's sense of right and wrong?

If I saw someone doing that on my property, I'd take a photo of the person and his/her vehicle and license plate and report it to the police.  And in my state, it's illegal to pick or dig up (even worse) plants on state property, so that's not an excuse either.

If it's not your property, you have no right to touch anything on it.  That's the law and we don't need thousands of signs marring the landscape to tell anyone that.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

and pick a beautiful flower?  I have and I don't think it is wrong when nothing is on the property.........just one or two as I love flowers..........I see them at times on the roads.........

Hi @DowntonAbbey,

I picked some from the side of a road once here, so that a friend could see the ones that were growing near us that were native to our area. They commonly grow along the roadsides here.