Honored Contributor

If leaves were money, falling off the trees...

"Money doesn't grow on trees."  Remember that saying?

We've had so many leaves falling.  I thought my husband was never going to quit tring to get them up.  It was a vicious circle.  It's still pretty bad out there.  The winds were up to 6 mph and they were blowing and swirling.

They are golden golden yellow, deep beautiful reds and some greens thrown in for good measure.  There's even 2 shades of the yellows.  Some of the yellows are more golden and some more yellow.  

Anyway, the thought watching them fall today was, man, if those were monies falling from the trees!!!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: If leaves were money, falling off the trees...

....I would need a new rake.

Honored Contributor

If the leaves were money, I would need a wheel barrel and a vacuum (heavy duty).  the way prices have gone up, you need every dollar you can get!!!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd be a trillionaire.  

Valued Contributor

If that were true , neighbors would no longer rake the leaves into the street , so they would blow away . Yup ,they do that !

Honored Contributor

If leave were money, they wouldn't be worth anything.

Respected Contributor

Not sure what kind of maple tree I have, but when all other leaves on other trees are down, this one is still holding on.  They don't drop until mid Nov. or later.The leaves are a burgundy color. Would like to have them as money as I had no luck with the Powerball drawing.

Honored Contributor

My mother used to say that all the time. 

My next door neighbor loves his leaf blower.....every day he is out there blowing them off of his driveway.  It's a endless battle since the wind just blows them back on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ha ha.  Kind of a sore subject with my neighbors. The BF has two big maple trees that are close to their property line.  They are highly annoyed when those leaves come down on their lawn.  The husband mows those leaves, and everything from the trees in their yard, back to our yard. 

The wife asked earlier this year if they could trim the branches. BF said sure.  Well, she called the electrict company, told them the trees were on both properties and could they remove them in case they toppled over and caught wires on the other side of the property. Then she sent me an instant message about it. 

I phoned the utility company told them it was a dispute between neighbors, the BF said the trees were definitely NOT on their land.  Utility company sent somebody out and they agreed w/BF that there were no power lines in the vincinity and since he didn't want them removed, they would contact the neighbor. 

The whole situation makes me kind of chuckle. She didn't think anything of it when she added on to her flower bed so that it's partially on the BF's property. He didn't make a big deal of it. Glad it's not my property.