Respected Contributor

If editing signature = multiple notifications

A while back, there was a thread about whether corrected typos after posting created duplicate notifications to those who had been '@ed' in the post.  I don't know that I ever saw the final outcome.

Yesterday, there was conversation about customizing signature lines.  It got me to playing around with mine.  A lot.  I changed it several times until I landed on something acceptable.  Once I realized changes in signature lines take effect in every post you've made, I began wondering if all my changes were causing those whom I had previously '@ed' to receive multiple notices.

If that happened to you, I apologize.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: If editing signature = multiple notifications

[ Edited ]

Yes, I was the one who asked and Moonchilde confirmed that editing does produce multiple notifications.  Pretty sure it doesn't pertain to editing your sig but not 100% sure. 

Respected Contributor

BTW, @IamMrsG I love your sig.  

Honored Contributor

No changing your sig doesn't result in notifications, at least from what I can tell. I change mine regularly. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@truffle  Thank you.  I'm always on the lookout for signatures that 'speak' to / for me.

Also, you are among those I have '@ed' recently, so since you did not scold or complain about receiving multiple notifications from me yesterday, I feel confident that it didn't happen.  Whew!  I'd feel like an idiot if folks started saying at me, "Mrs. G., enough already!  Knock it off!" Woman LOL

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG, I like your sig, too. Of course, these days I'm seeing subtle messages that hearten me. Enough said.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@truffle  Thank you.  I'm always on the lookout for signatures that 'speak' to / for me.

Also, you are among those I have '@ed' recently, so since you did not scold or complain about receiving multiple notifications from me yesterday, I feel confident that it didn't happen.  Whew!  I'd feel like an idiot if folks started saying at me, "Mrs. G., enough already!  Knock it off!" Woman LOL

@IamMrsG,  The redundant notifications when we edit a post containing any "@ notifications" is a glitch that pops up on the forums occasionally...  then it goes away...  then it pops up again.    I, too, appreciate your signature and the previous one was inspirational, too.   I find I can count on you for that!   So thank you!   (The reason the signature changes on all our posts is that it's linked to our account itself and not linked to specific posts.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova