Trusted Contributor

Re: If anyone is looking for Kleenex to stock up

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

At the very beginning of this whole mess, I made several large puchases. The best one was a carton full of actually quite nice white napkins from Home Depot. I figured that I could use them both as napkins and in lieu of paper towels. I was dissuaded by posters here from using them as TP.

I had also bought a large amount of kleenex, paper towels, and toilet paper from either Home Depot or by stalking Amazon.

We're set for whatever is thrown our way next -- locusts?

I have to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. Smiley Happy

I think that you are a very smart lady, and I read your comments and posts with interest.

This particular comment really had me laughing, though! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

I think that it's great to add some levity to these very trying and stressful times!

As for paper products, here in my area of Wisconsin, we're still being limited as to how much we can buy when we need paper products.

It's usually a limit of two types of paper products, like one package of toilet paper, and one package of paper towels, for example. 

You just made my day, @Toppers3. What a wonderful compliment.

Isn't it surreal how our world has changed so quickly. We're all so excited to post about paper goods these days?

This is true, @suzyQ3 .

In fact, I was thinking this exact same thing as we were headed off to one of our local supermarket chains to buy their store brand of toilet paper.

It's not our top choice of t.p., but I'm grateful for it.

We've all had to buy things and make adjustments for products that we probably wouldn't normally buy, and it may be like this for a long time to come.

Your locust comment still makes me laugh when I think about it, and then I got to thinking...

Let's hope that the locusts don't like paper products!! LOL!! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

At the very beginning of this whole mess, I made several large puchases. The best one was a carton full of actually quite nice white napkins from Home Depot. I figured that I could use them both as napkins and in lieu of paper towels. I was dissuaded by posters here from using them as TP.

I had also bought a large amount of kleenex, paper towels, and toilet paper from either Home Depot or by stalking Amazon.

We're set for whatever is thrown our way next -- locusts?

I have to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. Smiley Happy

I think that you are a very smart lady, and I read your comments and posts with interest.

This particular comment really had me laughing, though! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

I think that it's great to add some levity to these very trying and stressful times!

As for paper products, here in my area of Wisconsin, we're still being limited as to how much we can buy when we need paper products.

It's usually a limit of two types of paper products, like one package of toilet paper, and one package of paper towels, for example. 

You just made my day, @Toppers3. What a wonderful compliment.

Isn't it surreal how our world has changed so quickly. We're all so excited to post about paper goods these days?

This is true, @suzyQ3 .

In fact, I was thinking this exact same thing as we were headed off to one of our local supermarket chains to buy their store brand of toilet paper.

It's not our top choice of t.p., but I'm grateful for it.

We've all had to buy things and make adjustments for products that we probably wouldn't normally buy, and it may be like this for a long time to come.

Your locust comment still makes me laugh when I think about it, and then I got to thinking...

Let's hope that the locusts don't like paper products!! LOL!! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

@Toppers3, coincidentally, I found today that my stash of Kleenex is now very low. Amazon came to my rescue. They had the best price for the ultra soft cubes (18 cubes). Woohoo!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I'm happy that you were able to get the Kleenex that you like, @suzyQ3 .

I have noticed at our area supermarkets that for the most part, it seems that the supply of products is starting to become more normalized again.

There are certain items that the stores just can't seem to keep in stock, though.

Some of the convenience-type foods, for example. Those keep flying off of the shelves, like the canned heat-and-eat pastas and the flavored rice side-dishes or even instant white rice, which is what I like to use in chicken soup. Smiley Happy