Honored Contributor

Re: If anyone is looking for Kleenex to stock up

@gidgetgh wrote:

I just ordered this from Costco.  

36 boxes of Kleenex for $69.99. 

Might seem like overkill, ok it IS overkill, but our stores here are limiting you to one box of Kleenex.  So now I won't have to try to remember to buy one box every time I see them. 

They had the other box types also.

ABB290C7-6FE1-4487-AC29-12A114F4F3DA.jpeg

@gidgetgh   Within the last two weeks, I have been able to get one package per order of the large boxes of kleenex at Costco.  I need large boxes due to allergies.  I also have a case coming from Quill before too long.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

It's aggravating.  I finally found wipes and I could only buy one.  I really wanted a second for my mom who can find nothing where she lives in FL.  I can understand not wanting someone to clear the shelf but I think two is a nicer number to allow especially for families.  

Me too, it makes it harder for us trying to help other folks.

New Contributor

Where are you that they are still lmiiting? I am an extreme couponer and I have stock of all paper goods always. Limits are foolish because family sizes vary so much. They allow someone single and living alone 2 and a family of 5+ gets the same? Crazy.

Honored Contributor

@TianaRose wrote:

Where are you that they are still lmiiting? I am an extreme couponer and I have stock of all paper goods always. Limits are foolish because family sizes vary so much. They allow someone single and living alone 2 and a family of 5+ gets the same? Crazy.

@TianaRose - I am in metro Atlanta.  Both the grocery store I go to, Publix, and Target have limits on tp, paper towels, wipes and tissues. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

@TianaRose 

I'm in Southern Maryland, about 40 miles outside of Washington, DC, and most of the local grocery stores still have "limits" imposed on certain paper items.

I haven't seen a large package of TP in months. 

However, I did find some at Walmart and, occasionally, Walmart online.  They are still wiped out of many Lysol and Corax products.  Haven't seen any brand of wipes in a LONG time.  But, I had at least 3 partial containers and that's plenty for me. 

I keep things on hand ALWAYS, so I wasn't in an emergency mode when all this hit.  

While I don't consider myself excessive, I think it pays to have backups of products you always use.  

I'm glad I did.

Respected Contributor

My supermarket doesn't limit facial tissues and was running a sale on its own brand, which I like, so I got 10 boxes of 160 tissues for less than $10, including tax. That's 1,600 tissues.  It would cost me less than $20 to get the same number of tissues Costco is charging $70 for.  They're not the Kleenex brand, but this supermarket brand is as good, IMO.

Costco also has cases of standard flat boxes of Kleenex, 100 count, at $1.07 per hundred, a much better deal than the cubes at $2.05 per hundred. I dislike cubes because you usually have to hold the box with one hand and pull out the tissue with the other. I have sensory and grip problems, so that's a negative.

If my stores had a one-box limit, I'd just buy a box every time I shopped. I use a lot of tissues, so even before the virus I usually had 6 to 8 extra boxes on hand, plus a box in most of the rooms.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh:

I completely understand. And if my Mother-in-Law were still alive, I would have had to do the same thing.

When  my Mother-in-law was 93, she went into a nursing home. She had dementia and was having health issues. We tried to visit her about 4-5 times a week. And she always seemed to need tissues. So I got into the habit, every time we went to see her, I would bring another box of Kleenex.

We think her roommate was also using the boxes of Kleenex and probably walking off with them. But the 2 ladies got along well. So we would go to Sam's and buy a 12 pack of boxes of Kleenex, so she would be well supplied.

And we are still using part of a 12 pack that we bought for her. Sadly she died rather unexpectedly and we had stocked up with 2 - 12 packs.

Glad you are well supplied.

Honored Contributor

At the very beginning of this whole mess, I made several large puchases. The best one was a carton full of actually quite nice white napkins from Home Depot. I figured that I could use them both as napkins and in lieu of paper towels. I was dissuaded by posters here from using them as TP.

I had also bought a large amount of kleenex, paper towels, and toilet paper from either Home Depot or by stalking Amazon.

We're set for whatever is thrown our way next -- locusts?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think many are looking at Kleenex for use as tp or wipes if they can’t find either one in the future. Having been through the past three months of shortages or not finding anything at all when I needed it...it makes sense to buy it when you see it....I buy a pack of 8 boxes when I go to Costco...but am still trying to limit my outings now that Covid cases are starting to increase here. I have had better luck finding things inside the store than ordering online.
Honored Contributor

Stores around here are in pretty good shape with paper products.  I hope they get caught up in your area!