Honored Contributor

Hell To Da Naw.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I do not expect anything from my husband on Mothers Day.  I am not his mother.  

But for gifts for BD, Xmas I prefer picking out my own gift.  I get what I really want that way and we are both happy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

My husband would not do  that and I am the cheap one in the family.   He has excellent taste in jewelry and I have many beautiful pieces but I am set for life.  I am good but earrings I always wear so can''t go wrong there.  

His new thing for me is the roses etched in gold from Steven Singer.  Rose that lasts with some gold.  Beautiful and something I would not buy for myself.  

First gift he gave me was a beautiful cameo gold necklace 58 years ago for our first Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

My husband doesn't say that.  However in the last year I have gone to my local jewelry store and picked out a few nice things.

Respected Contributor

I've wanted a pair of round solitare stud diamond earring for a very long time and my husband will always say, go get them....go pick them out.  But I don't.  I would feel guilty because they are so expensive and that money can't be spent on the house (something is always in need of repair), or a family vacation or even just putting it in the bank.  

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

You are the first person that I have ever seen (or posted with!) who agrees with me!

I I would come away with scowls, tsks, minor flesh wounds etc. etc..  when I expressed my amazement that wives expected Mother's Day gifts from their husbands.

Mother's Day is for your mother.  Your children should be giving your wife Mother's Day gifts.  I know many (most?) people do it, but if they want to and it is strictly because they want to--and not presumed or expected, then fine.This same rationale applies of course to Father's Day and husbands.  People say "Well, she is the mother of your children!"

Do you give your son/daughter's boss a gift on Bosses' Day?  Everybody gives everybody things for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day and those days are for YOUR mother, YOUR father and YOUR lover/sweetheart.  O,K., it is great for the economy, but it is not the reason or intention of those occasions.

Now I have to go put on my flak jacket!

Honored Contributor

I finally bought a pair of 1 carat Diamond stud earrings in February. I've wanted them for so long.

No longer wear the jewelry I once wore.

Esteemed Contributor

I would turn his offer down. I have all the jewelry I want at this time. I don't even

wear my rings anymore, forget about bracelets. If I do go somewhere, I will

always put a nice pair of earrings on then maybe next a necklace.

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby doesn't buy gifts for me on Mother's Day...but he did take me to the Jewelry store and helped me pick something nice out for Christmas or my Birthday.

He told me to "go buy that purse your wanted" for our Anniversary.

Gets him off the hook looking for a gift ...and I get what I want...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I would most likely say there is nothing I want.  As a matter of fact I did that recently on a weekend trip to Mystic CT.   We always enjoy going into the interesting shops, going to lunch and just walking outside on a nice day.   I had seen a beautiful pair of sterling silver lighthouse earrings in one shop, he said for me to buy them.  I said no, I have more jewelry than I can possibly wear.   While I was in another shop browsing, he disappeared for a few minutes, then returned with those earrings!