Respected Contributor

@LindaSal how romantic and lovely.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Took you to a jewelry store and said "pick out whatever you want for Mother's Day, would you turn it down and say "there's really nothing I want."  I am sure I could find something. 

@rms1954 

Slightly OT, but your comment reminded me of the wedding proposal scene in Sweet Home Alabama.   Patrick Dempsey and Reese Witherspoon.

She was guided to a darkened mysterious location that turned out to be the NYC  Tiffanys after hours.  "Patrick" proposed on bended knee, she finally said yes, the lights went up and rows of jewelry appeared.  Regarding the engagement ring, he said "pick one".  

Cute scene.

Trusted Contributor

There isn't anything I want.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal  A surprise like that is so sweet and thoughtful.

On our first trip to Bermuda, my husband surprised me on our

last day there, with a gold lighthouse charm . That was the start of a Bermuda charm collection. I bought a gold charm on each trip to Bermuda and filled a bracelet with 12 charms.

With a full bracelet, I found other Bermuda jewelry on our last three trips.

Valued Contributor

I STILL want those Judge Judy diamond studs !!

Honored Contributor

I would definitely need to find myself a new husband for this to happen. My husband can't, won't, doesn't, would never buy me anything albeit clothing, jewelry, that would be a surprise, a really nice surprise, someting special, something that actually fit me. He never has nor ever will. 

The day he ran out of time to buy me gifts for christmas was the absolute final straw of him buying me anything he would call a gift. He dashed into a walmart, bought a bag full of last minute marked down cr*p and then just handed me this big bag when we got back home after spending time at my parent's home. I didn't even open it. I was done and so was he.

Now, where is that new guy who wants to take me shopping at Tiffany's???

Honored Contributor

I'd be so inclined to say, ok who are you and what did you do with my husband?  You see, I choose 99% of any jewelry, I use to buy.  I have plenty.  

Respected Contributor

Haven't added to my jewelry collection in ages, so I'd definitely have fun.  

Honored Contributor

I'd say, let's take a vacation instead and travel!

Esteemed Contributor

We are each others GIFT.  I expect none. I do like the attention of my daugters on special holidays and my birthday but a phone call is enough.  And I am not a jewelry person since I have a long history of things that have happened over the years with my most precious pieces.  Theft, robbery, trickery, etc.