Honored Contributor

Re: If You Won a Million Dollars, Would You Leave?

@JBKO    what a lovely thread this turned into.

Ladies it was so touching reading about your relationships and the love that most of you have for your spouses.

@RetRN   you made me laugh so thank you.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

Definitely not enough money.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am no longer married but if I won or inherited a million dollars I would definitely get my own place instead of continuing to live with my daughter.  I would visit her and Lindsay often but would not allow my daughter to visit me for fear she might like my home more than hers and decide to stay.

Smiley Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Never in a "million" years.  I would consider moving to another country though.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

For the person who is in a loving marriage or relationship for many years, this question might be difficult to understand. For those of us who have been in a bad marriage, the question is very relevant. If you've never been there, then you would't understand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
Heck no! A single friend of mine said to me many years ago, "you're so lucky, your husband is so considerate and treats you so well. I wish I could meet a man like him." I said, "honey, he didn't come out of the box that way. We both have expectations of one another and have worked hard to live up to those expectations, on both sides."

I love him to pieces, we still have fun and and enjoy each other's company and there's no amount of money in the world that can replace that.

Your so right. Much like getting a puppy - you gotta train them.And it isn't like you just tell them what you'd like - oh no - you gotta fool them into thinking they want to do it your way.

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't leave my husband, he's very good to me and no I didn't "train" him.....ala Harriet Craig.

He didn't need training; I did.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not married, but I would leave the area I now live in, if I won a million $$$, to be closer to those I love. 

I see that that fleeing from a toxic relationship would make the question even more crucial. I've been there, too, and it didn't take a million dollars--I just walked out.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949, sorry, but some men/husbands aren't like puppies that need to be trained. Maybe you were joking and I hope so. If you've never been in a difficult or abusive relationship, then your comments don't have much relevance. Physical or mental and emotional abuse is something that is very real for many women, including me. Obviously you've never had to experience it, and that's a good thing.