Respected Contributor

Re: If You Still Love Vera Lynn

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Perkup@proudlyfromNJ I think the OP was just 'playing with you' and having fun.  She's excited about the recording and the artist. 

I think many post on the forums to 'play' with others but it's taken so often in offense.  Many mature seniors play with the younger ones in such a manner. 

No, I'm not playing. Those of you who weren't here during WWII missed living in a country which was really in sinc with our mission, our troops, our national pride.  Did I enjoy the war? Heavens no, but since those days I have never had the same feeling of unity and pride that we felt in America in those days. It was a trying time, and I still remember my next door neighbor's screams of horror when two men from the Navy Depaartment walked up to her door to tell her that her husband would not be coming home. The funerals with the little boxes that only contained teeth and dog tags. And Taps. Sad, heart rending times. But in all ways together with your fellow citiens. Sacrifices at home. Rationing. But no marches, shootings, terrorism. Safe for children to play out alone.  A different world. The pride in our country will never be equaled again.  Yes, I'm sorry you missed it, and blessed that I didn't. 

Occasional Contributor

I was born jan 1940, however I do know Vera Lynn am absolutely fascinated about anything world war 2, I watch a lot of world war 2 programs on ytube, including interviews of holocaust servivers that were tape in the 90's!

Honored Contributor

not familiar with her