Respected Contributor

Re: If You Saw A baby left alone in a hot car.....

@NycVixen wrote:

If I'm not alone, I'd tell someone nearby to call 911 while I broke the window and got the child out. If I'm alone, I would do what someone else said and call 911 to send an ambulance for the child and proceed to break the window. I'd also tell 911 to send cops to stop me from beating the parents or caregiver on the spot.

I just a an article about a mother in China who accidentally locked her child in her BMW and refused to break the window. She wanted to wait until a locksmith got there instead. The firefighters and police were there and she got in the way. Finally, they just broke the window. She cared more about her car than her child. 

No worries..............I'll send the bail money...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would use a Slim Jim to open the car door in a flash.   Open the door to let air inside....check on the child.    Call 911.  

Let me rethink this....I would call 911 while I was getting the Slim Jim from my car....and tell them what I was going to do.  Then carry on....doing things this way is using my time better.

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

If I'm not alone, I'd tell someone nearby to call 911 while I broke the window and got the child out. If I'm alone, I would do what someone else said and call 911 to send an ambulance for the child and proceed to break the window. I'd also tell 911 to send cops to stop me from beating the parents or caregiver on the spot.

Yep, the guilty party better run far and fast 

I just a an article about a mother in China who accidentally locked her child in her BMW and refused to break the window. She wanted to wait until a locksmith got there instead. The firefighters and police were there and she got in the way. Finally, they just broke the window. She cared more about her car than her child. 

Especially this one 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Slim Jims are illegal, right?  Where does one get one anyway...probably a naive question but when I was locked out of my car, a locksmith said he doesn't use them.  I would be afraid to tell a cop I used a Slim Jim to open the car. 

Respected Contributor

Slim Jims can be bought at Auto Stores, swamp meets and of course you can make it yourself.   They are legal.

Respected Contributor

Even though you was saving a child....by breaking the car window;  you could be brought before the court for damage to the car.  And you might have to pay for a new car window.

Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Slim Jims can be bought at Auto Stores, swamp meets and of course you can make it yourself.   They are legal.

Oh.  Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Even though you was saving a child....by breaking the car window;  you could be brought before the court for damage to the car.  And you might have to pay for a new car window.

Yes, I believe that too.  Also, what if the parents were coming out of the store and saw you doing it and went ballistic on you....that doesn't sound nice especially if they have a weapon.  

Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

this is true...............but.................using a slim jim to open a vehicle without the expressed permission of the owner will get ya arrested also.................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

this is true...............but.................using a slim jim to open a vehicle without the expressed permission of the owner will get ya arrested also.................................raven

The illegal part.