Respected Contributor

If You Saw A baby left alone in a hot car.....

[ Edited ]

Would you look for the parents if the car was parked in front of a store? Would you break the window?  Would you call 911 first and then break the window?

Respected Contributor

Re: If You Saw A baby left alone in a hot car.....

I'll answer first.  I'd call 911 to let them know what I was doing and to send an ambulance and then break the window.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'd break the window; remove the baby/child immediately; call 911; then grab my water bottle and try to administer a drink.  If sufficient water, dump it over the baby/child's head.  Remove baby/child/s clothing. Yell, asking for others to bring their water.  Continue doing same until Rescue arrives.

This is a no-brainer.

Even if the state does not have a good samaritan law, I'd rather go to jail than watch a baby or child die in front of my eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

I'll answer first.  I'd call 911 to let them know what I was doing and to send an ambulance and then break the window.  

Yes this. This just happened a couple of days ago in another town in my state. A two year old, left locked in a car in a shopping parking lot, in close to  100 temps. Some people saw her and broke a window.

She was in the care of her aunt. I heard today that charges were filed. I say good! I think whoever does this needs to be locked in a hot car for twice the amount of time the child (or pet for that matter) is left.

It really makes me angry.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

I'd break the window; remove the baby/child immediately; call 911; then grab my water bottle and try to administer a drink.  If sufficient water, dump it over the baby/child's head.  Remove baby/child/s clothing. Yell, asking for others to bring their water.  Continue doing same until Rescue arrives.

This is a no-brainer.

Even if the state does not have a good samaritan law, I'd rather go to jail than watch a baby or child die in front of my eyes. 

Same here.

Esteemed Contributor

I would call 911 to report it and I would definately break the window. Also, I would do it for an animal too.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Fortunately, there is a big police presence out here and i believe one would show up within seconds from that type of 911 call.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well it would depend on what kind of shape the baby was in....if it was just sitting there and not in any distress I would call for help first.

If it was crying, sweating, and screaming, etc., I would bust the window out and scream for help.

Respected Contributor

I'd break the window and get the baby out............and once the baby was safe I would turn my attention to the parent/parents and call the cops on their happy butts................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm not alone, I'd tell someone nearby to call 911 while I broke the window and got the child out. If I'm alone, I would do what someone else said and call 911 to send an ambulance for the child and proceed to break the window. I'd also tell 911 to send cops to stop me from beating the parents or caregiver on the spot.

I just read an article about a mother in China who accidentally locked her child in her BMW and refused to break the window. She wanted to wait until a locksmith got there instead. The firefighters and police were there and she got in the way. Finally, they just broke the window. She cared more about her car than her child. 

~Live with Intention~