Honored Contributor

I discovered a new (to me) tasty snack. It's made by Sabra, the hummus people. A single serving snack pack with a generous amount of fresh guac and tiny rolled up Tostitos that look like teeny-weeny taquitos, except with nothing in them.

Perfect "little" snack that's pretty healthy - no cholesterol, low saturated fats, reasonably low sodium for a snack food, and only 20 carbs. I'll be buying it again. 

And to keep this thread in general interest - who likes guacamole and who doesn't?

In CA I grew up with avocados and guacamole, but didn't start consuming either until I was 18 or more; young kids rarely appreciate avocados. Now, you could put it on just about anything and I'd love it.

IMG_1187.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: If You Like Guacamole...

I like chunky homemade guacamole without any added goodies like chopped tomato.

Having said that, I liked a recipe I used to have where a layer of sour cream topped the avocado and was mixed in right before serving.  'Course I'm a freak for sour cream🙂

Honored Contributor

@MoonchildeThese look great!

I am trying to eat as much preservative free, non-processed food as possible right now.  I've read that Americans have weight probs due to all the preservatives in our food.  We cannot digest the stuff properly due to all the gunk, etc.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I like chunky homemade guacamole without any added goodies like chopped tomato.

Having said that, I liked a recipe I used to have where a layer of sour cream topped the avocado and was mixed in right before serving.  'Course I'm a freak for sour cream🙂

Homemade is always best :-)

Plenty of onion, a little garlic, I do like some tomato, a little bit of cilantro, a squeeze of lemon. I prefer my guac without chiles or hot sauce or only a tiny bit of green chiles.

Whenever I have taquitos, nachos or a tostada, I like to keep my sour cream separate from my guac, don't know why. But I love 7-layer dip!

Esteemed Contributor

Love guac, so glad I don't have to make it from scratch anymore! But I'll admit it, it would take several of those tiny portions to make me happy. 

I'm inspired (and hungry) now.

Fortunately I have an 8oz pouch of guacamole in the refrigerator. Think I'll go open it.

Respected Contributor

I love guacamole.  Love avocados in general. I ,like my guac  very chunky with tomatoes, green onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. 

Those snack pacs look great for on the go.

Honored Contributor

I do like guacamole, a lot. The WW Smart Points for the Sabra Guacamole snack is 7. My daily total is 30, so not doable for me. I'm sure that I would like it though. Wholly Guacamole sells a smooth or chunky snack pack for 3 SP , but no chips are included. Everyone enjoy.
Respected Contributor

I love guacamole.   I like it chunky with tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, salt, and fresh lime juice.  

We eat avocados probably every day with something.  

When my kids were babies, I would mush up avocado and feed it to them.   

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Love guac, so glad I don't have to make it from scratch anymore! But I'll admit it, it would take several of those tiny portions to make me happy. 

I'm inspired (and hungry) now.

Fortunately I have an 8oz pouch of guacamole in the refrigerator. Think I'll go open it.

The most challenging part of making it is finding enough avocados perfectly ripe when you want them to be. I like TJ's ready-to-eat guac. I don't like ones that have a heavy processed/preservative taste. The snack does have a little of that, but not so much I dislike it.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 We lived in one house where we had an avocado tree in the back yard AND one across the fence in the neighbor's yard. They pollinated each other and we had avocados all year round. All summer we'd pick avocados, go buy the teeny bay shrimp, gallons of Thousand Island dressing, and voilá, instant dinner without cooking or heating up the kitchen. Soooo good!

I lovelove avocado slices on burgers. A Big Boy with avocado, all through HS and my 20s. No one outside SoCal will know what a Big Boy was. Only one place you can still get them.