Honored Contributor

Re: If You Do This...You are Twice as likely to develop severe Covid 19

It's about risk of serious disease and death and unavoidable exposure. Purity and morality tests have nothing to do with it, nor should they.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I have said here many times I will just wait till my number comes up to get the vaccine. Who gets before this old man with several comorbidities? Hey, that's the way it goes, concerning myself and the vaccine. Mine is scheduled for 02-12-21, which was my turn.

As for others getting preference, thus denying the older and potentially more susceptible from getting the vaccine? I do have opinions on that topic. 

Not much one can do about their chronological age, but for those that make bad choices with how they choose to treat their body?  I smoked/I was fat, but while some like to liberally use the word "addiction", I do not.  Nowadays almost anything seems to be classified as an "addiction".

So someone that is morbidly overweight or one that smokes 5 packs a day "are more likely to(put in your choice of disease) get the virus"? To me ones chronological age should prevail. I don't care if they fall into both categories above, their age should put them ahead of the others mentioned.

Were I in charge of setting the Phases, it would be. #1- Front line workers and all under the auspices of "protecting the citizens". #2-Next it would go the Nursing Homes and those hospitalized with life threatening illnesses. 

Next it would go strictly by chronological age, no line cutters!  Isn't everyone glad I am not in charge?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Even though I am in the 65+ group and was able to get the vaccine, I belief that those with underlying health issues that would make themmore likely to get very sick or die AND those whose disabilities would possible do the same to them should go before a 65-year-old with no health problems.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland