Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could Sit on this Bench...

[ Edited ]

@Vickiv wrote:

If I could sit on this bench. My mom who I miss with all my heart. My step dad who was my rock. My husband who made me what I am today. They all passed 6 days apart so I have to make room for them  all. Just to tell them I love them and miss them. My life will never be the same without them.

@Vickiv - I can't even imagine the lose that you had.  ((((Hugs!)))

Respected Contributor

Oh so many, too difficult to choose, but what I wouldn't give.

My heart aches for all of us, but such a lovely thought, Thanx to all for sharing.

Respected Contributor

My dad.  He died 35 years ago on Christmas day.  He was only 48.  I'd love to tell him about my kids and my grandkids.  I don't think I could fit that in an hour though.

But at the end of the hour I'd have to lose him all over again.

Oh my....tears streaming........

Esteemed Contributor

At first I thot there would be too many to choose...parents, friends, historical figures...but @Buck-i-Nana 's post (one of the most beautiful, tender sentiments I've ever read) got me thinking about the feel and intimacy of a person's nearness...the smell of them, their beating heart close to mine...and the person who came to mind was my paternal grandmother.  And I would do what Buck-i-Nana would do...just breathe in her presence.

Last night, when I turned out the light, I snuggled close to Handsome, just to feel his warmth and his heartbeat...his warmth is what I would miss the most...and thanked G-d for Buck-i-Nana's post.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

My son. I would hold him, smell him, listen to his laugh, and tell him how much we love him and miss him.

Honored Contributor

Eleanor Roosevelt.

Respected Contributor

My father, deceased, who as the kindest, honest, caring, respectful, smart, loving and non-judgemental man I ever knew.  I enjoyed many conversations with him while he was alive.

Honored Contributor

I think I would chose either of my parents or grandparents. I miss them all equally. Another choice would be my late husband, I loved him so deeply! However I wonder if spending only one day with him wouldn't make it start the hurting all over again when he has to go. I could not live through that  pain a second time.

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Why would you pick this person and what would you talk about?

My Mom. She passed away 2 years ago this month, 2months shy of her 95th birthday. We both loved the beach! We would walk down to the water, spending lots of time talking, having fun and getting our feet wet. We would have lunch at a nearby cafe and do some shopping!I would hug her verytight at the end of the hour so she wouldn't be able to leave. Miss her so much.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to sit with my great-great-great-grandfather, because I have never met him, and there are so many questions that I would love to ask him about family history.