Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I saw U2 at the Forum in May, 4 nights all general admission and in Chicago 2 weeks ago, 2 nights general admission, 2 nights seats. I'm planning on seeing them multiple times on the next leg of the tour summer 2016.
Esteemed Contributor

If I had the chance, I would have loved to have seen Fleetwood Mac and the BeeGees. Loved them! LM
Super Contributor

I would have to go with the Beatles as my top pick.  However, a close second would be the Doors.  I just think that Jim Morrison had incredible charisma (when he was on his best behavior!).  I also would have loved to see Abba, Eve Cassidy, Guns 'n Roses, James Taylor.  I'm sure there are many others I've forgotten.

Two memorable concerts that I did see were U2 and the Eagles.  We saw the Eagles about 6 years ago in Boston.  I complained about going at first because the tickets were very pricey.  We were going with several other people and between the tickets, dinner in the North End before the show, etc., it was a very expensive night.  But it was worth EVERY penny.  There was no warm-up band and the Eagles played for almost three hours.  Their voices were incredible, especially when Don Henley sat at the front of the stage and sang Desperado.  Great memories!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know much about the rock stars since

was a teen in the 50's.

Barbra Streisand is my favorite. I saw Johnny Cash  when he came to my city

Other are Peter Paul and Mary which I catch on PBS. And Elvis.

Honored Contributor

Michael Jackson because it's a crime I never got to go and Elvis just to see what all the fuss was about.

Regular Contributor

I.m taking my daughter to see One Direction on  sat.  Shes so excited and I am too!! She is 16.  Robin

Esteemed Contributor

I was having a hard time coming up with somebody that I would really like to see but a co-worker and his wife recently went to a U2 concert.  He showed me clips of the concert on his youtube channel and now I REALLY want to go see them!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

I have THREE cnoices - all on the same level. Elvis, Chopin and Ezio Pinza - all three masters in their own right!!!!!!!!!!!  So glad my Mother made sure I learned to appreciate all kinds of music - well, almost all kinds.

My mother loved Ezio Pinza and played his records often.  From time to time TCM will feature one of his movies with Lana Turner.

Super Contributor

James Brown,,,have seen him a few times,,,,but also will add Chopin, Mozart, and Ludwig and more.   always thought true genius had a bit of 'problems' ????