Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

We just got tickets to see Alabama in September.  I've seen them many years ago when they came to our local fair and enjoyed them so much.

Looking forward to seeing them again.  The lead singer is eye candy IMO.  Hubby is going with me; I'm sure he won't mind - hehe

Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@hckynutjohn,   I noticed you changed your Avatar.    What is that?   Care to share?

onewhiteSparrow,

That would be the award I was holding in my hand when I had my picture up in my other posts. Took out the city, don't know why, and my name. Decided it may not be the best thing to put up on a public forum, and the mods may not like it either.

Click on it and it should get bigger. I had someone say I looked younger in my pix than they thought so I decided to put up the date in this pix which was in 2005, and I was a younger 66.

@hckynutjohn,   I thought it was one of your many awards.  Cool.  

I bet your home is full of your many awards over your life time.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Right now, I'm loving Alfie Boe, British tenor. He has a fantastic voice. He sings Roger Daltreys part in "Classic Quadropenia", a remake of The Who's 1973 rock opera "Quadrophenia". Pete Townshend, from The Who, rewrote the music for a symphony orchestra. Great CD. I also believe he will be starring in Les Miserable, in NYC starting in September.
Honored Contributor

The Band
The Doors
Janice Joplin
Respected Contributor

I have THREE cnoices - all on the same level. Elvis, Chopin and Ezio Pinza - all three masters in their own right!!!!!!!!!!!  So glad my Mother made sure I learned to appreciate all kinds of music - well, almost all kinds.

Super Contributor

I would love to see Bobby Hatfield!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

onewhiteSparrow

hckynutjohn,   I sure enjoyed watching on youtube just now Brian Setzer's 1984 Interview.   Later I watch the orchestra playing their music through the years.  I loved how he changed his look with  his hair.   I like how he dresses too.   Thanks for sharing someone new and different.   

I enjoyed it.   

onewhiteSparrow,

Elvis played 4 live concerts here in our city and I was able to go to 3 of them. Missed one because I was in the hospital having back surgery.

We went to his live concert here in the same month that he died. They made a recording, that is on DVD and LaserDisc of that last tour he made and I have that in my collection

Recorded Brian Setzer on Dish Network AXS channel. I then saved it to my external hard drive along with many other concerts I recorded on that channel going back to when it was called HDNET.

I went to a live concert when he had the Stray Cats and I loved that music. I have almost every video that the Stray Cats made, along with their many CD's. Loved the original Slap Bass player Lee Rocker, and of course Brian.

The Orchestra just adds to what I originall liked about the music of the Stray Cats. If Brian ever comes to our city the only way I would miss it? Hospital or deceased.

Thanks for your comments.

John, we're finding more to agree on!  I saw Elvis in concert the month just before he died.  I had seen him years before, and it was very hard to see how he was struggling at that point to reach some of the notes that had been so easy before.  But of course, I loved the concert anyway! 

And I'm jealous that you saw Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats in concert!  I loved their music - I don't have any of their CDs (or tapes? - can't remember how long ago).  I just might go on eBay and see what's available - I could never be still when I heard them! 

Esteemed Contributor

John Legend !
Valued Contributor

Elvis, Elvis, Elvis!

Respected Contributor

Deceased:  Freddie Mercury and Queen

Alive :  David Garrett (violinist)

I was fortunate enough back in the day (I was old before my time, lol) to see Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Hall & Oates, Donna Summer,Basia, Kenny Rogers, Carole King and geez, I don't remember all the groups at Pine Knob in MI.  LOL

One of the best concerts was the Blues Brothers when John Belushi was alive and they were pushing their movie.  Great show.

Denise