Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

BAck in the '70's a friend of mine was on a flight and Natalie Cole was seated next to her.  She said she was so friendly and when so many recognized her she sang for them nearly the whole way and had the whole plane hopping!  Too bad cell phones were not available back then.  It would have been great to see.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

Great thread!

I'm having a tough time picking just one, but I'd probably go with Janis Joplin or Billie Holiday. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

BAck in the '70's a friend of mine was on a flight and Natalie Cole was seated next to her.  She said she was so friendly and when so many recognized her she sang for them nearly the whole way and had the whole plane hopping!  Too bad cell phones were not available back then.  It would have been great to see.

Great story! Natalie Cole has an amazing voice! 

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

Who I would have liked to see:

Janis Joplin and The Doors

Who I have seen:

Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Guns & Roses, Doobie Brothers, James Taylor, Boz Skaggs, Hall & Oates, Burce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, The Eagles, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Phil Collins, Tina Turner, Etta James, Buddy Guy, Neville Brothers, Tina Turner, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt, Jeff Beck, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Paul Simon, Simply Red, Loggins & Messina, Kenny Loggins

Probably some others I can't recall right now.

OMGosh I love most of our choices.  I love Van Morrison and Loggins and Hall and Oates too.  James Taylor, Boz Scaggs!  Love them all! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

living-Steely Dan

dead-Freddie Murcury also The Traveling Willburys

Esteemed Contributor

onewhiteSparrow

hckynutjohn,   I sure enjoyed watching on youtube just now Brian Setzer's 1984 Interview.   Later I watch the orchestra playing their music through the years.  I loved how he changed his look with  his hair.   I like how he dresses too.   Thanks for sharing someone new and different.   

I enjoyed it.   

onewhiteSparrow,

Elvis played 4 live concerts here in our city and I was able to go to 3 of them. Missed one because I was in the hospital having back surgery.

We went to his live concert here in the same month that he died. They made a recording, that is on DVD and LaserDisc of that last tour he made and I have that in my collection

Recorded Brian Setzer on Dish Network AXS channel. I then saved it to my external hard drive along with many other concerts I recorded on that channel going back to when it was called HDNET.

I went to a live concert when he had the Stray Cats and I loved that music. I have almost every video that the Stray Cats made, along with their many CD's. Loved the original Slap Bass player Lee Rocker, and of course Brian.

The Orchestra just adds to what I originall liked about the music of the Stray Cats. If Brian ever comes to our city the only way I would miss it? Hospital or deceased.

Thanks for your comments.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn,   I noticed you changed your Avatar.    What is that?   Care to share?

Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@hckynutjohn,   I noticed you changed your Avatar.    What is that?   Care to share?

onewhiteSparrow,

That would be the award I was holding in my hand when I had my picture up in my other posts. Took out the city, don't know why, and my name. Decided it may not be the best thing to put up on a public forum, and the mods may not like it either.

Click on it and it should get bigger. I had someone say I looked younger in my pix than they thought so I decided to put up the date in this pix which was in 2005, and I was a younger 66.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Living------- Brian Setzer Orchestra

Deceased--ELVIS

We saw Brian Setzer playing on the beach when we lived in California -- he was awesome!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Valued Contributor

Just saw the Rolling Stones -- I would see them over and over again.

Going to see The Four Tops this weekend.

Want to see -- Allman Bros.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...