Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Living-- 

Brian Setzer Orchestra

Deceased--ELVIS

hckynutjohn,   I sure enjoyed watching on youtube just now Brian Setzer's 1984 Interview.   Later I watch the orchestra playing their music through the years.  I loved how he changed his look with  his hair.   I like how he dresses too.   Thanks for sharing someone new and different.   

I enjoyed it.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

Kelsey17-i've been fortunate to see Billy Joel 5 times. Saw him last summer at Fenway Park, and thought it might be the last time he would be in New England...but to my surprise, he's performing at Fenway again next week-and I'm going to be there!! So happy I get to see him again!!! He's my fave-just hope he doesn't have to cut his concert short to be at the birth of his daughter!!!
Honored Contributor

I would have loved to have seen Laura Nyro perform and if on the same bill, Joni Mitchell.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I've been to a lot of concerts, but some of my favorites:

I saw Pink when she was opening for N'Sync. She was awesome then & now.

Richard Marx was a great show. Ringo (Happy 75th birthday!) was fun to see. Paul McCartney was amazing. We saw him several times around 1990. Hanson puts on a wonderful show & if you like music with beautiful harmonies you should check out their music.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Al Jarreau, Marcus Miller, and Will Downing.

I love Al Jarreau!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:
There are so many I would have loved to have seen! The eagles
Supertramp
Boston
The doobie brothers
Electric light orchestra
Elvis
Kansas
Temptations

I saw the Doobie Brothers in 1977. Foreigner was the opening band, they had just released this album

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Pink is somebody, among the newer artists, who I REALLY like!  I also really like her as an actor.  She's very talented.

Love me some PinkHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only people I haven't seen and want(ed) to see are; The Beatles, Bon Jovi, and Maroon 5. Otherwise I might be old, but Ive seen all the great bands (as they say! lol)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Al Jarreau, Marcus Miller, and Will Downing.

I love Al Jarreau!

I got to see Al Jarreau at the Saratoga Jazz Festival many years ago. He was the last one on from an all day festival. He was great.

I also got to see him at the Beacon Theater in NYC with other performing artists such as Oleta Adams and David Benoit.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
One of the best concerts l've seen, that no one else has mentioned yet, was Billy Joel and Elton John performing together. It was probably about ten years ago. At one point they did a medley-- Billy sang Elton's songs, and vice-versa. It was at an indoor arena. I've enjoyed concerts more at indoor venues as opposed to an outdoor stadium-- even though l love them both. Something about the accoustics being better, IMO.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~