Valued Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I was fortunate to grow up in a large city with older siblings that took me to most concerts.  I have seen many performers.  I grew up in the Motown Era and still can't get enough of Motown.  Truthfully, with children, I have learned to enjoy any type of music. 

I can make a great suggestion to some that live close to coliseums.  If you can work part time, most coliseums hire part time help to seat people for all events.  I am able to work my full time job and also work part time at a coliseum.  FREE FREE FREE concerts.   Sure you do not see the entire show, but you do see enough to be satisfied and get paid to hear the music to "boot".   They will jump at the opportunity to hire dependable people.  Just a thought for some that are able.  Get paid to attend concerts is a great gig. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

kittywhipped wrote:

I'd love to see Pink perform.  I still think about that awards show she did spinning in the air....was fabulous.  

I really don't see that many awards shows, but I remember seeing that.  It was absolutely amazing!

I don't know why she really didn't hit my radar for a long time.  I guess it's probably just that I mostly just listen to older stuff (older rock and classical, some opera).  

I recently saw her as an actor in something and was so impressed.   I'll be darned if I can remember what it was, though.  D'oh!

Trusted Contributor

I would squeal like a little 13 year old girl if I could see the four Beatles in their prime.    Love the Stones - I have seen them many times and I hope to see them again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been to many, many concerts over the years, both secular and Christian, several  multiple times:

Eric Clapton
Barry Manilow
Electric Light Orchestra
Hall & Oats
John Denver
James Taylor
Bobby Sherman
Dion
Frankie Avalon
Davy Jones
Hermans Hermits
Grass Roots
Bachman Turner Overdrive
The Monkees (hehe)
America
John Sebastian
Celine Dion
Donny Osmand
Jim Brickman

Rod Stewart
Styx 
Moody Blues
Kansas
Journey
Bon Jovi
Fleetwood Mac
Keith Urban
Little Big Town

TransSiberian Orchestra
Pat Boone & Debby Boone
The Bacon Brothers
Gaither Vocal Band
The Browns
4Him
Steven Curtis Chapman
Natalie Grant
Big Tent Revival
NewSong
Mark Schultz
Casting Crowns
Phillips Craig & Dean|
Rebecca St. James
Wayne Watson
Michael W Smith
Nicole Nordeman
Michael English 
Mark Lowry
The Martins
Ernie Haase & Signature Sound
Steve Green
Ray Boltz
Selah
Russ Taff

Twila Paris
The Collingsworth Family
Guy Penrod
...probably more that I can't think of at the moment

Who I'd like to see or to have seen, living or dead:

Patsy Cline
The McGuire Sisters
Elvis, in his prime
The Beatles
The BeeGees
Frankie Valle & The Four Seasons (did get to see the Jersey Boys play though)
The Eagles

Frank Sinatra 
Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. together
Boston (going to see them next week)
Harry Conick, Jr. 

Steven Tyler

Pentatonix

...again, probably more, but that's all I can think of off hand

Honored Contributor

How does anyone pick just one?  I'll go with The Doors...for now.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i would have loved to see:

The Smiths / Morrissey

The Cure

Pink Floyd

Journey

Eagles (when they were new back in the 70s - Don Henley and Glenn Frey backed Linda Ronstadt and then decided to form their own band)

The Doors ( their music is so timeless - they just facinate me - funny that they had no bass player - Ray Manzarek played the bass keys on keyboard)

Allman Bros. Band

Patsy Cline - that voice!  she is unparallelld (jmo)

Esteemed Contributor

There were three performers i always wanted to see......Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt

and Billy Joel................I ended up seeing Bonnie Raitt two times,  Joe Cocker 

about 2 years ago (he sounded terrific)  and the ONLY one i haven't gotten to 

see is Billy Joel.    I would love to see Billy Joel.......

Respected Contributor

Andrea Bocceli, Nat King and Natalie Cole, Louis Armstrong. I saw YoYo Ma a few years ago, and it was just breathtaking. At the end of the concert, he played Bach's Cello Suite No 1, dedicated to a couple who had just had a baby, and the crowd went absolutely wild. It was so sweet. You can just tell he is a nice man.
Respected Contributor

I've always wanted to see the Grateful Dead, and apparently have missed my chance Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I've enjoyed reading them. What an eclectic mix of musical tastes!

Handygal
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~