Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

Sparrow - You got to see ABBA.  Awesome!  I love them, too.  Great songs.  

So much music from the 'disco' era was really good stuff.  The whole disco thing seemed to be pretty much universally panned, but how good were bands like ABBA and The Bee Gees, and several others?   

I was living in Europe during that time and it seemed like disco hit hard over there before it really did here.   Fun, fun music!

Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I wish I had seen James Brown....I recently saw the HBO movie depicting his life.  

Beatles

Amy Winehouse

John Lennon - Imagine

George Harrison - loved his Bangladesh album

So many more...too many to mention

Honored Contributor

Amadeus Mozart.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Sparrow - You got to see ABBA.  Awesome!  I love them, too.  Great songs.  

So much music from the 'disco' era was really good stuff.  The whole disco thing seemed to be pretty much universally panned, but how good were bands like ABBA and The Bee Gees, and several others?   

I was living in Europe during that time and it seemed like disco hit hard over there before it really did here.   Fun, fun music!

chickenbutt,  How lucky you are to live in Europe during those times.  Some of the greats came from there.   Yes, those were fun times with fun music.   I could see myself sitting in a small tavern listening to them before they became famous.  Wow that would be fun.  Lucky you.  

Trusted Contributor

I think I've been fortunate to see most of my favorite performers play live at least once. But for those I didn't get to see:

The Carpenters (I've been listening to them a lot lately and reading about Karen's tragic life)

Electric Light Orchestra

Creedence Clearwater Revival

The Rolling Stones in their younger days

The Clash

Adam and the Ants

Abba

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

And I wish I could bring Freddie Mercury back from the dead to see Queen once more.

Super Contributor

I've been to very few concerts because I 'm not comfortable in large noisy crowds.

I've seen Bachman Turner Overdrive, (large noisy crowd) ~~  Willie Nelson, Vince Gill, John Conlee.

I would love to see the Eagles and Journey, too. Also KD Lang and Pink  performing Glitter in The Air. I still pull that video up now and then. I hate the word awesome .... but I think she was totally awesome in that Grammy performance.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

I've been to very few concerts because I 'm not comfortable in large noisy crowds.

I've seen Bachman Turner Overdrive, (large noisy crowd) ~~  Willie Nelson, Vince Gill, John Conlee.

I would love to see the Eagles and Journey, too. Also KD Lang and Pink  performing Glitter in The Air. I still pull that video up now and then. I hate the word awesome .... but I think she was totally awesome in that Grammy performance.

tabbycat,   Gosh, I forgot about KD Lang......love her songs.  

Honored Contributor

Pink is somebody, among the newer artists, who I REALLY like!  I also really like her as an actor.  She's very talented.

Respected Contributor

I'd love to see Pink perform.  I still think about that awards show she did spinning in the air....was fabulous.  

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Ooh, I also wished I had seen The Bee Gees and I even loved The Village People.  Smiley Happy   Those songs were all so up and fun and all 4 of the Gibbs boys sang so beautifully.  Sad that only one brother is left.  Smiley Sad

I think that 3 of my favorite concerts were Cher (I've always loved her!), Tina Turner (truly dynamic!), and The Eagles (wow - WAY beyond any expectations.  I also loved seeing Elton John - oh, so many.

The Village People were touring Fairs (like county fairs) back in the early 2000s. I'm not sure if they still are.

I saw them at our local fair and they were a lot of fun. I think only half were from the original lineup but that was no biggie; it was still a good show.

I'm probably in the minority around here but I did see Elton John once when I was in England. WORST show I've ever been to. Not only did he not perform that well, he did not acknowledge the audience at all, only the royal box (not sure who was up there).  I lost a little bit of my fandom for him after going to that show.