Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

[ Edited ]

ahh...I never saw these bands, because I was just a tot or not yet born

Buddy Holly

The Doors

The Beatles

All artists featured at Woodstock - in other words, every day at Woodstock Smiley Happy

The Animals

I never got to see The Smiths when I could have...that would have been fun to see them live

Most bands that I really enjoy(ed) I have been lucky enough to have seen them.

edited to add - I would have loved to see The Cult in a full concert - I only saw them as an opening act and man, they were electric.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

ZZ Top, John Mellencamp, Dolly Parton and the Righteous Brothers are tops for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Pook wrote:

ZZ Top, John Mellencamp, Dolly Parton and the Righteous Brothers are tops for me.

I've seen the Righteous Brothers a couple of times and it was always enjoyable.

As much as I dislike country western music, that is how much I LOVE Dolly Parton!  She is such a gem.  Her song 'Coat of Many Colors' always makes me cry.  boo hoo - such a sweet song of love.

Esteemed Contributor

Little Feat, before Lowell George passed away.  Or The Seldom Scene, back in the '70's.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've already seen the ones I really wanted to see live: Clapton, Dire Straits, Aerosmith, Tina Turner, Bee Gees, Beach Boys, Bon Jovi, Billy Squier,  George Michael, Heart, Queen, but I can think of one who is dead that I wish I could have seen at his most outrageous: Jim Morrison and The Doors. I've read several bios on him and oneby a bandmate. I am fascinated by the phenomenon. I might also like to see Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, or Christina Aquilera in concert.  I'll add that I would also love to see the Foo Fighters.  Love Dave Grohl.

Respected Contributor

biancardi wrote in part: "...Buddy Holly..."

YES!   He was just a bit before my time, but I watch The Buddy Holly Story with Gary Busey every chance I get. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Groups I would like to see (living or dead):

Elvis Presley in his prime.

Janis Jopiln

U2

James Brown

Michael Jackson

Electric Light Orchestra 

Groups I saw:

Fleetwood Mac..TUSK with USC marching band.  View on youtube

Bruce Sringsteen (at a foot ball game) Born in the USA.

Beach Boys (on the beach) Fun time on the beach.

Tina Turner (WOW) Now that IS a woman!

Kiss--(I had HIGH energy to the MAX for days) Love them!!

Moody Blues

Heart

ABBA

Pink Floyd (another brick in the wall, comfortable numb, wish you were here)

Judas Priest- Another high energy, they dressed in leather WOW. 

Eagles, (Witchy Woman, Hotel California)  

Many more to name them all over the years.....

I was the mother that took all the teens in the neighborhood to the concerts they wanted to see.  None of their parent wanted to take them....so being the kid within took all of them.  Boy did those parent miss out.  Great times was shopping for black leather clothes to go to the hard rock concerts.  Me and the teens dressed to the max.  Metal chains and all.  LOL   Wonderful memories for all of us.  

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I saw John Mellencamp at Farm Aid. There were a lot of great artists there, but he stole the show!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen so many good concerts in addition to appearances in the small rooms in NYC...but my favorites were The Stones in NJ with Tina Turner as their opening act, Cher and believe it or not Liberace in Radio City Music Hall. But, I never got to see Elvis, The Doors, Pink Floyd or Maria Callas and Renata Tibaldi
Honored Contributor

Andrea Bocelli

Il Divo

DH and I saw Itzhak Perlman perform some years ago.  We sat front row left and he performed entire concert directly in front of us.  We were so close that we saw his violin strings breaking, the perspiration on his brow, and his blue eyes.  Absolutely wonderful concert.  Heart

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~