Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

gmkb wrote:
To those who said Dean Martin -.we saw him in Las Vegas many years ago and he put on a superb show - the best!
To those that said Kenny Rogers - don't waste your money. We saw him about 5 years ago. He got in a snit about something and walked off the stage after 1/2 hour and did not return.

Oh wow!  When I saw Kenny Rogers it was some 30 years ago so he was still in his prime.  This was a bizarre concert because not only was it Kenny Rogers and Dotty West, performing separately, but Gallagher was the warm-up act.    How weird is that?   Fun, though.  

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

@NUNYA wrote:

I 've been to a lot of concerts.... but Led Zeppelin would have been good, also Nirvana. Oooh I'd love to see the Eagles!

I'm too young to have seen Zeppelin but I saw Robert Plant in concert. He did a decent amount of the old Zeppelin stuff. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Chickenbutt, love the PBS concerts!  Especially all the old rock and roll groups - even though they're not the whole original groups, I love the music.

I always loved the Platters, and probably 15-20 years ago the then current group came to my town and did a concert at the "arts building" we have, not a large venue, with a meet and greet wine etc. party afterward.  I still can't remember how I got tickets for myself and a friend, but we went and SO enjoyed the concert, it was like being a teenager again!  And "mingling" with the group afterwards, so much fun! 

I don't know if anyone remembers the song "Earth Angel" by a group called The Penguins in the early 60's.  I LOVED that song, and I could not believe it but at the party after the Platters concert, I met one of the guys in the group and found out he was an original Penguin that did Earth Angel!  

Trusted Contributor

The group at the top of my list has always been the Eagles. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see them but my wish came true and I went to their concert last month in Green Bay, WI. It was by far the best concert I've ever been to.
The other dream concert would be to see Journey reunited with Steve Perry. I'd fly just about anywhere and pay whatever it cost to see that concert.
Respected Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Ann Margret, Miss Connie Francis, Kylie Minogue, Dionne Warwick, Marlene Dietrich and Burt Bacharach, Future Islands.  that's all to make me pleased  

I attended a private concert by Dionne Warwick.  She was the most bored person in the room.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

i like old timers too -  like those we can't hear on vinyl, tape, etc.  would really like to hear Mozart frankly!

Trusted Contributor

Whitney Houston canceled 30 minutes before she was supposed to start.  Bummer.  I never liked her after that.  People were Still Parking their cars in the lot.

Honored Contributor

akaburtonfan wrote:
The group at the top of my list has always been the Eagles. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see them but my wish came true and I went to their concert last month in Green Bay, WI. It was by far the best concert I've ever been to.
The other dream concert would be to see Journey reunited with Steve Perry. I'd fly just about anywhere and pay whatever it cost to see that concert.

Isn't it amazing how great The Eagles are in concert?   Back when my husband got tickets, he REALLY wanted to see them.  For some unknown reason, I really couldn't connect with what songs they did at that point. When he asked me if I wanted to go I was like 'eh, ok'.  WOW!  

I've seen a lot of great acts and I think that was the best concert I've ever seen, too.  I was so glad I went.   For us, I think it must have been about 15 or so years ago (not sure exactly when but I bet I have the tickets in a drawer. ha!).

Ooh, Journey with Steve Perry - that would be a dream concert!!

One that we saw, maybe some 8-10 years ago was IL Divo.    That was truly amazing, true, and even the husband loved it.  It just happened to be on our anniversary when they were appearing here for one day so that made it really cool.

Trusted Contributor

I've heard things about Dionne.  Good to know.  Won't  waste my $$.  If she ever performed again.

Respected Contributor

The Smiths/  Morrissey

The Cure

The Cult

Fleetwood Mac

Live

James Taylor

Nirvana

(Have seen these all before but would love to have another chance)