Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I 've been to a lot of concerts.... but Led Zeppelin would have been good, also Nirvana. Oooh I'd love to see the Eagles!

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I like the old timers, Nat King Cole,Perry Como,Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney. I grew up listening to them on tv and on records. Johnny Mathis, and Dean, and Frank, and Patsy Cline, and too many more to mention

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

chickenbutt wrote:

I want to add - Peter, Paul, & Mary.  I loved them.  Such beautiful harmony.   I have all of their music and one of the songs, which I believe is actually a Bob Dylan song, always makes me cry, even to this day.

Wow, CB, your post brings back such memories.  I had all their albums back in the early 60's until my little poodle went on a "rampage" one day while we were at work and pulled them out of the rack and ruined several.  But she was such a sweet little thing, who could stay mad?  

I was living in MD back then and had the privilege of seeing them at the Carter Barron Amphitheater in Washington D.C. around 1965.  What a concert!!! Happy smiley face animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

cherry wrote:

I like the old timers, Nat King Cole,Perry Como,Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney. I grew up listening to them on tv and on records. Johnny Mathis, and Dean, and Frank, and Patsy Cline, and too many more to mention

I've seen Johnny Mathis and, O-MG, what a stunningly beautiful voice he has.  I'd go back to see him again any day.

Patsy Cline, while not necessarily the type of music I like - Her voice was so brilliant.  I'd see her if I could have.    I have seen some country western artists and really enjoyed most of them.  I've seen Kenny Rogers (and Dotty West was there too at that concert), Crystal Gayle (loved her!), and Willie Nelson - probably a few others and these were all great artists. But, for the most part, it's a type of music of which I'm NOT a fan.   There's some good everywhere, though, eh?

I saw the Beach Boys once when John Stamos (so cute!!) was playing drums.  I've seen and met quite a few of the musicians from the 50s and 60s.  Met Jan and Dean one time and that was great.

Esteemed Contributor

Aside from Elvis at one of his earlier "comeback" concerts (saw him twice later on) and the Rolling Stones, I'd like to see the original collaboration of two Country Crossroads concerts from CMT... the first one was Sugarland with Bon Jovi, the second was Keith Urban and John Fogerty.  I have them both recorded, but if I could go back in time, I would love to see those two concerts in person from the front row!! 

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Heart Dean Martin Heart   I miss the man!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Kittymom - So lucky!  I bet the PP&M concert was awesome.  Every now and then they have a show (rerun obviously) on the PBS channel.  I always record, even if it's one I've seen a dozen times.    Best to record PBS concerts because the commercial segments are eons long!

Honored Contributor

@maddiecat wrote:

I would love to see the Eagles.  The group is one of my favorites and has been for years, but I've missed out on seeing them in concert.  I'm sure they put on a great show.

I love the Eagles too!  I saw them once many years ago--fantastic

I also like Elton John, Michael Buble, Shania Twain, Rolling Stones and The Doobie Brothers

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ann Margret, Miss Connie Francis, Kylie Minogue, Dionne Warwick, Marlene Dietrich and Burt Bacharach, Future Islands.  that's all to make me pleased  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]