Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Al Jarreau, Marcus Miller, and Will Downing.

I got to see Will Downing Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I saw Frank Sinatra shortly before he died, and it was a great disappointment. I was embarrassed for him. I would have loved to see him when he was in his prime. 

I also saw Elvis way after his prime, and would have loved to see him when he was smokin' hot. 

I wish I'd seen the Beatles. 

Now I'd like to see Steely Dan, Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand and Billy Joel. All are still performing, so it's just a matter of finding the time and the $$$ to see them. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Oops......forgot to mention Pentatonix!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

There are so many I would have loved to have seen! The eagles
Supertramp
Boston
The doobie brothers
Electric light orchestra
Elvis
Kansas
Temptations

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could see all 4 of the Beatles together for a concert.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I want to add - Peter, Paul, & Mary.  I loved them.  Such beautiful harmony.   I have all of their music and one of the songs, which I believe is actually a Bob Dylan song, always makes me cry, even to this day.

AhhhhChickenbutt, I was fortunate to see Peter, Paul and Mary several times in concert.  I, too, miss them so very much.  Mary Heart

Also frequently saw Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger.  <VBS>  

Am I the only one to say I'd love to see Beethoven and/or Mozart?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nutmeg3.....I have had the chance to see  al jarreau numerous times in concert and he is so great. What a voice he has! his voice is such a unique intrument! his was the very first concert I ever went to.....it was in new orleans.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I've seen a lot of the ones listed here so I guess I would have to say Elvis and Michael Jackson.
Honored Contributor

My Chemical Romance, I never saw them before they broke up and now it's too late unless they get back together. 

Anna Netrebko, I'd love to see her in person. I've seen her in the Live at the Met opera broadcasts and have a couple on blu ray and dvd. As far as which performance, Lucia di Lammermoor would be my first choice followed by La Boheme. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

IamMrsG wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

I want to add - Peter, Paul, & Mary.  I loved them.  Such beautiful harmony.   I have all of their music and one of the songs, which I believe is actually a Bob Dylan song, always makes me cry, even to this day.

Ahhhh, Chickenbutt, I was fortunate to see Peter, Paul and Mary several times in concert.  I, too, miss them so very much.  Mary Heart

Also frequently saw Arlo Guthrie and Pete Seeger.  <VBS>  

Am I the only one to say I'd love to see Beethoven and/or Mozart?  

Oh, you lucky dawg!!    Hey another kind of music I love as much as rock 'n roll is classical!   Now, there is some brilliant talent!  I'm a huge Tchaikovsky fan.     I have a bunch of classical on my iPod and on CDs.     Some beautiful violin.  i love the piano - it's all good.  Smiley Happy