Honored Contributor

If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I've often thought about this, and it's a tough question. Perhaps The Rolling Stones or The Who in their heyday. Or Elvis performing in Las Vegas-- that must have been quite a spectacle!... What do you think?
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

I would love to see the Eagles.  The group is one of my favorites and has been for years, but I've missed out on seeing them in concert.  I'm sure they put on a great show.

Respected Contributor

Re: If You Could See Any Musical Performer or Group, Living or Dead, Who Would It Be?

My favorite group ever, Pink Martini.  I never get enough of seeing them live. 

Spoiler

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Good question. I saw The Who in Saratoga, New York when I was 16. I am from small town Nova Scotia, about 6000 people in my hometown. There were 50,000 people at the show. What an eye opener for me. That was in the early 70's. LM
Honored Contributor

The Righteous Brothers.

I'm sure there are many others, but they came to mind first.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Elvis Presley.

Honored Contributor

Jimi Hendrix

I'd liked to have been there for Elvis' '68 Comeback Special.  He was in his absolute prime and I'll never forget that black leather outfit.  

Honored Contributor

Billy Joel  and/or Rod Stewart.

Respected Contributor

We worked in the music business for 20+ years in the U.K. So have actually worked and seen most of the groups/bands - out if all of them the best for me The Stones, Bruce Springsteen and in their day Fleetwood Mac. All gave such great shows - I saw Stones last year in CA and they were terrific. August I am off to see Kid Rock (never seen him before ) with my grand kids really want to see him. Live groups are the best. Rock on!
Honored Contributor

I want to add - Peter, Paul, & Mary.  I loved them.  Such beautiful harmony.   I have all of their music and one of the songs, which I believe is actually a Bob Dylan song, always makes me cry, even to this day.