Respected Contributor

Re: If / When There Is A Vaccine, Will You Get It?

Absolutely! Always better to be safe than sorry...

Respected Contributor

No, not right away. I also wanna see how others react to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Heck Yes!!!!    Of course, by the time one is created and perfected, this crisis will be over.

I'm old with several pre-existing conditions.  I just hope our government doesn't cancel all our medical insurances!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

The virus has just started spreading here in the US, so it is too soon for me to make a decision about jumping to take the first vaccine offered.  

I feel capable of fighting the virus; however, my husband and daughters have COPD and asthma, so I would be more inclined to vaccinate in an effort to keep them healthy.   

Honored Contributor

I'm just hoping that it doesn't get to the stage of enforcing mandatory vaccinations.  

I'm in favor of voluntary vaccinating. 

Many of us know our own bodies, imo. 

Well, let's hope for the very best and safe health for each and every one of us. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I doubt it. 

I had a terrible reaction to the last flu shot - I'm not sure I'd even get that again!  I was warned that there would be a reaction but had no idea I'd be sick for two weeks .... longer than I've been sick when I actually had a flu.

Honored Contributor

Maybe another couple years from now when it's safely been tested

Esteemed Contributor

Based on the information available to us now, no.  

Honored Contributor

Of course. Provided we aren't all dead by then. Woman Very Happy Just a little sunshine to brighten your Saturday.

I'm joking here, but I'm aghast that it would be within the realm of possibility for me to have any reason to make such a joke on a topic like this.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I would not get the first go around of the vaccine.  The haste in trying to come up with one could possibly lead to errors.  I think I would be more afraid of the vaccine than I am of the virus.

When flu shots first become available in the 1960's although I never had the flu my work required we get a flu shot, so I did.  On my way back to work, I passed out.  That the the last flu shot I got until the 1990s when I developed septic pneumonia as a result of the flu and ended up for a week in ICU  I now get my annual flu shot, but It has had many years of perfecting behind it.